New Grip Enthusiast Looking For Advice

Kaskelotten

Did you read the "New to Bending" thread? There is a lot of info there, I've just started bending and that thread explained a lot and answer a lot of my questions.

Don't over think things. It's called "progressive resistance training" and while it can be made as simple or complicated as you wish - simple is very good in the beginning especially - most of us complicate things way too much. Constantly adding this and that will eventually result in slowing or stopping your progress (or injury). Strengthen your lower arms in a very overall or "general" fashion for a while using the basics. This will set the stage for bigger gains down the road when it's time to specialize. Beginners should NOT try to duplicate what advanced people do.

• Like 3

Don't over think things. It's called "progressive resistance training" and while it can be made as simple or complicated as you wish - simple is very good in the beginning especially - most of us complicate things way too much. Constantly adding this and that will eventually result in slowing or stopping your progress (or injury). Strengthen your lower arms in a very overall or "general" fashion for a while using the basics. This will set the stage for bigger gains down the road when it's time to specialize. Beginners should NOT try to duplicate what advanced people do.

This^

try not to do or try everything at once until your body can cope with it, I learned that the hard way and is why I don't really bend anymore. There is so much information on the board but if you want to message any of us im sure they wont mind in helping you :grin:

To start off with buy some 40D and 60D from your hardware store as it is a good starting point and will help you get a feel for how steel bends and also to help with technique before you move on to harder steel.

Get strong first! Do your starting strength program and some basic grip work. Save the bending for later.

Okay, so y'all recommending that I get some muscle on me first, and then start bending - okay, fine! Maybe in some months when I've gotten a bit stronger wrists etc., I will ask for some more advice :)

Thanks again.