New Grip Enthusiast Looking For Advice

Kaskelotten

I have 38cm forearms and 41cm biceps hahaha

Hows that for a gym goer :D

I would do 2 or 3 exercises every training day. And drink your gallon of milk each day!

I have 38cm forearms and 41cm biceps hahaha

Hows that for a gym goer :D

What?? That's insane! Do you have a youtube channel? My right bicep is 31 cm, haha.

Have you closed gripper 3?

Yes. It took me like 2 years to close it tho :D

post-20214-0-21446400-1410981729_thumb.j

Edited by PeterSweden

Im 183cm, 97kg, 29 yrs old and I dont armwrestle.

I hurt my arm twice aw friends and I decided I wont do it anymore.

Im 183cm, 97kg, 29 yrs old and I dont armwrestle.

I hurt my arm twice aw friends and I decided I wont do it anymore.

Wow, that's an incredible picture! I can't even imagine that level of strength... lifting things must be... easy.. lol. When did you start training and how did you get so large forearms? Bench?

Mirin'.

Edited by Kaskelotten

I joined gripboard the same day I ordered my first coc gripper.

3 yrs and 7 months ago.

Sledgehammer levering, thickbar, wristcurls, reverse grip bicepcurl, hammercurls mostly.

Bending too, double overhand style gave alot on the top side.

Im not even very strong.

We have some crazy monsters on gripboard tho

Im not even very strong.

Amazing. I would like to get into some bending myself, if that is possible given my current level of strength (or weakness). I tried following one of Brookfields tips and bend a key, but I just hurt my thumbs. Where do I start and what equipment would I need? :)

Im not even very strong.

Amazing. I would like to get into some bending myself, if that is possible given my current level of strength (or weakness). I tried following one of Brookfields tips and bend a key, but I just hurt my thumbs. Where do I start and what equipment would I need? :)

David hornes wrist developer is good, ironminds nails white, green, blue etc and 60D nails for a beginner. Also horse shoes are fun to bend too :grin: Look at the bending section on the gripboard, lots of great stuff on there.

• Like 1

Im not even very strong.

David hornes wrist developer is good, ironminds nails white, green, blue etc and 60D nails for a beginner. Also horse shoes are fun to bend too :grin: Look at the bending section on the gripboard, lots of great stuff on there.

Thanks, I'll look into that!

Now I just have one more question, partly for PeterSweden - just whoever can answer me - when doing hammer lifts for the wrist, should I focus on "high" weight low reps, or low weight high reps? Currently im doing the latter.

Thanks for helping.

In the beginning i would do medium to high reps ( 10-15 ).

In the beginning i would do medium to high reps ( 10-15 ).

I did both.

I did sledge deadlifts and static holds also.

Finger walking is great too :D

I did both.

I did sledge deadlifts and static holds also.

Finger walking is great too :D

Okay, thanks a lot guyz!! I just have ONE more question: In which order would you do these exercises?: Towell pull ups, CoC grippers, hammer wrist work, wrist roller.

:D :D

I would do grippers on day 1, rest 2-3 days, sledgehammer and wristroller day 2, rest maybe 4-5 days and then day 1 again.

How much rest one needs is individual.

I dont know why I (this is me) would do towel pullups. Id do it if I was competing in grappling or bjj to get used to grabbing clothing.

My training is mainly for getting strong on grippers, different pinches and Rolling thunder so therefor I train that and exercises similar.

Maybe someone else Things differently but this is me :)

Edited by PeterSweden

I would do grippers on day 1, rest 2-3 days, sledgehammer and wristroller day 2, rest maybe 4-5 days and then day 1 again.

How much rest one needs is individual.

I dont know why I (this is me) would do towel pullups. Id do it if I was competing in grappling or bjj to get used to grabbing clothing.

My training is mainly for getting strong on grippers, different pinches and Rolling thunder so therefor I train that and exercises similar.

Maybe someone else Things differently but this is me :)

Would you care to elaborate on that training scheme, because I don't really understand? At the moment I lift weights 3 times per week, and afterwards, at home, I do all those hand / forearm exercises that I listed (3 times per week). But you recommend training on off days too, or did I misunderstand your post??

I don't know with towell pull ups; but Rippetoe suggests you can add pull ups / chin ups to SS when you feel like it - I just do the towell version because I read they give you greater forearm development. And they're also really fun to do.

Oops: And do you do extensor work?

Edited by Kaskelotten

I train extensors every other day every third day, or so. :)

I ment that i would train grippers one day a week and sledges and wrist roller one day per week.

I dont train on Sertain days anymore, grip or body.

I train when i feel fresh. Benching 2-3 days a week or once per week. Dun matter. Fresh is fresh :D

But i try to match bench, shoulders or legs with grip as a warmup for grip.

Are you still at the beginning, were you deadlift every training day, or how do you organize it?

Are you still at the beginning, were you deadlift every training day, or how do you organize it?

I'm at the beginning yeah, one week I DL 1 time a week, the next 2 times per week.

A: Squat / Press / DL

B: Squat / Bench / Row

Switch every other week.

That's why I was thinking maybe PeterSweden's way of doing it might be too "easy" for me because I use so light weights as a beginner. Not sure if I should do like him though or just train forearms 3 days a week like I do now...

I think you could do 3 grip sessions. You are still at a very low level. Do you progress in your grip training?

I think you could do 3 grip sessions. You are still at a very low level. Do you progress in your grip training?

Hard to say, because i just started with most of it. But i dont really progress in coc grippers anymore, I'm unsure how to train... I have a trainer and a no 1.

I think you should read the book i told you. This will answer a lot of questions. If you don't progress take more rest.

• Like 1

Hard to say, because i just started with most of it. But i dont really progress in coc grippers anymore, I'm unsure how to train... I have a trainer and a no 1.

Look at my first post in tjis thread.

Watch the videos.

Just a quick bump instead of creating a new thread:

In my quest for greater wrist, hand and forearms strength, one of you mentioned bending steel as a great tool for just that. I've since looked it up and it looks really fun and rewarding. But I really don't know how to get started. I read all the relevant threads on bending on this forum, but honestly, they don't help much. I also tried searching google, but there is SO little information out there on bending, and literally nothing in Danish.

I was thinking about buying the IronMind nails bag, but it's far too expensive for me at the moment. Would it be possible for me to go to the hardware store and buy some standard nails, in that case, which? As far as I know the "40 d nail" is a good starter nail, and it's 5 inches - which is 12.7 cm. Do i just go asking for a bunch of 12.7 cm nails and some towells and start bending? Keep in mind I only DL twice my BW at the moment. I also plan on waiting 1-2 months before starting bending, so I have time to get wrist strength beforehand.

Thanks for answers!!