Race To Lift The Inch Dumbbell

wojo

Just checking in so this thread doesn't die....

I haven't trained with my Inch in a while, so I worked with it and my Bosco Bell in between sets of squats tonight. My very first pull was close to full lockout...probably my second best lift ever, second to my first and only full lift a while back. Every attempt after was shorter and shorter until I moved back down to holds with my 140lb Bosco Bell. I think I'll keep the Inch back in rotation for a while and try to finally get a full lift on video in the near future.

• Like 3

Just checking in so this thread doesn't die....

I haven't trained with my Inch in a while, so I worked with it and my Bosco Bell in between sets of squats tonight. My very first pull was close to full lockout...probably my second best lift ever, second to my first and only full lift a while back. Every attempt after was shorter and shorter until I moved back down to holds with my 140lb Bosco Bell. I think I'll keep the Inch back in rotation for a while and try to finally get a full lift on video in the near future.

Awesome work John!!

Definitely keep at it,I Want to see it!!

• Like 1

Good work man, lifting an inch is on my goal list this year

Awesome goal Jon!!!

I had the goal of lifting the Inch this year till I actually got my hands on one .lol

I might shoot for next year now.haha

This year I want to get solid with the baby inch...

Damn these bells humble you.

I'm ready to get this going again. Been concentration on pinching but this will fit in.

• Like 1

Did this today after a set of 16 RH and 10 or 11 LH plus a hold w/ each hand:

And here's Robert Miller w/ two 135s!:

• Like 3

Thanks for posting Bob! Great work by all...the inch will fall one day!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Aaron Corcorran stopped by today with his family to enjoy some lunch and visit. We went out to the garage to talk about the trophies for the upcoming comp, etc. At the end of the conversation, I mentioned to Aaron that I had Derek's Gracie DB, and how I was a bit frustrated that I have had the thing for many months now, and haven't been able to lift it without putting a finger on the globe. I went to lift it without a finger on the globe, and then sure enough the thing made a fool out of me, and goes right up. I was able to get it righty, but lefty is still a bit away. He also mentioned it's not in the 140#'s but in the 160#'s range. I weighed it on my bathroom scale and sure enough it's around 163#. That also explains a lot.

Shot a vid later in the day:

• Like 2

Thanks Tommy! Hoping to get more consistent with this and get the other hand going soon.

You gentlemen are getting old school strong. Good work ! I think by experiment I will make a bit larger "rack poop stampings filled" Brother Inch for the Bosco Inch size Bell. Now filled with the metal slugs the question is how heavy and who might lift it? hmmmmmmmm Kindly keep turning in videos so I might find a good, willing, test gripster.

• Like 1

Thomas Inch Dumbbell: Adding 5 lbs. to "Deload" it. Knocking on the door of a full Inch DL. Kept this quiet except for telling a few who would keep it quiet because I thought a full lift was imminent, but need some more intense specialization on weak points. If you watch the video carefully; you'll notice the DB's rotation is almost completely stopped during most of the lift, so am likely even closer than the 5 lb. deload to a "raw" DL!

• Like 2

I think his sig said 175#. Excellent work!!! You're very close.

• Like 1

You obviously have a "bright future" with the Inch, Bob. Congrats on being dangerously close!

• Like 1

You obviously have a "bright future" with the Inch, Bob. Congrats on being dangerously close!

Thanks for the kind words Tommy, Martin and Eric, I appreciate it! Yes, Tommy and Martin, I am in the low-mid 170s now.

Eric, I get your joke... :cool:) . I like to reduce sensory input during training once in a while. I have trained in even darker conditions and sometimes close my eyes during lifts.

• Like 1

Thomas Inch Dumbbell: Adding 5 lbs. to "Deload" it. Knocking on the door of a full Inch DL. Kept this quiet except for telling a few who would keep it quiet because I thought a full lift was imminent, but need some more intense specialization on weak points. If you watch the video carefully; you'll notice the DB's rotation is almost completely stopped during most of the lift, so am likely even closer than the 5 lb. deload to a "raw" DL!

This is what hard work and dedication will get ya.

Been watching your journey for the Inch lift for some time now,your progress is obvious.

Can't wait to see the soon to be posted vid of the INCH lift!!

That day will let you know why you killed yourself all this time!!!!

Awesome Awesome work Bob!

Bob, that's interesting, you mentioning about closing your eyes. My deadlifts have always felt easier with my eyes closed.

Great job Bob. Made me think of something from the 1980s:

Thanks Mike, hopefully you'll cert the #3 and I'll get the Inch fully DL w/ no tilt or added weight this year.

Bob - nice work!!! Out of curiosity, if you don't mind telling, how often do you train, volume, etc? You seem to be making quick progress!

• Like 1

Damn Bob you should have that thing soon

Thanks Jon!

Bob - nice work!!! Out of curiosity, if you don't mind telling, how often do you train, volume, etc? You seem to be making quick progress!

Martin, I am training mostly instinctually now. Getting the 135-pounder and building up my reps on it has been the main catalyst for my recent improvement. Also, have been working on wrist and fingertip strength, no grippers at all and pinch is rarely done at all. Usually train Inch stuff on Saturday (reps and holds mostly), wrist Sunday and Thursday and fingertips on Tuesday. That is the base and i add/take away based on "feel".

Dam guys good work, I have still been training

on my inch trainer. I got 174 the other day

about 2inches off the ground. The bent over

Rows is really working well for me, I will post

up some vids on my days off.