Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

The filed 2 is a good ideal, i noticed it realy helped me in that last little bet of the close

even on bigger grippers.

After finding out about them from Brent, I went to GNC and bought a package of their grippers. They are a package of three for $20. I bought the 200, 250, 300 set.

The GNC 200 felt right in between the COC 2 & 2.5. I filed it and use it every few weeks. It feels like it helps. The spread is more narrow as well so it takes the set out of the situation.

I saw a video of Josh using the filed leg in the palm and tried it that way. I like that better it keeps the pinkie out of the way.

How do forced closes work? If I can't close a gripper, I cant hold it closed either.

The filed 2 is a good ideal, i noticed it realy helped me in that last little bet of the close

even on bigger grippers.

After finding out about them from Brent, I went to GNC and bought a package of their grippers. They are a package of three for $20. I bought the 200, 250, 300 set.

The GNC 200 felt right in between the COC 2 & 2.5. I filed it and use it every few weeks. It feels like it helps. The spread is more narrow as well so it takes the set out of the situation.

I saw a video of Josh using the filed leg in the palm and tried it that way. I like that better it keeps the pinkie out of the way.

How do forced closes work? If I can't close a gripper, I cant hold it closed either.

Forced closes you just force the extra rep shut with your other hand then let go as if it was a normal rep.

I do this alot,Also try drop sets.

Killer job everyone! Here's something that might want to be considered for a few attempts, doing strap holds with a filed gripper in an overcrush movement. Attempt a light weight or build up on what you can handle.

John thanks for the advice.

Do you have a picture of a filed gripper? I'm not entirely sure angle wise how to do it.

John thanks for the advice.

Do you have a picture of a filed gripper? I'm not entirely sure angle wise how to do it.

Here's a photo I found of a filed gripper, but for my filed grippers, I took a file and did it by hand.

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/1207015743/gallery_10117_623_23872.jpg

filed grippers can help. don't go too crazy though. If you have some crappy grippers lying around they're perfect for this(GNC, bonecrusher, heavy grips, etc.)

This is my Filed 2 it rates #111 and i still take it everywhere i go, I hand filed

this and my ghp4. Filed ghp's are crazy cause the spread is already wide. I plan

to file my 2.5 soon.

post-23284-0-75055800-1382196437_thumb.j

Thats what im gonna do with my 2.5, lol.

totally works! just did some overcrushing with the filed 2. feels pretty light after the work with the SM & 2.5. extended range of motion is lovely.

• Like 1

Glad people are liking the idea of using filed grippers for Beyond the Range training. Take what Brent said and don't go crazy with the filed gripper(s). The way I suggest doing it is in a overcrush manner (3-5 second hold), or, doing it in a forced close. Again, don't worry about going crazy with it, use it to build up and progress.

One thing I forgot to mention about having the gripper filed, make sure you have an extra gripper of the same level. Once it's filed there's no going back, so I suggest finding the level that will work best for you.

If you really wanna make it interesting, file both handles. Be careful though, might pinch the skin if both handles are filed.

It is great try some strapholds with it..

Back in this fellaz, Finally smashed my GHP6 rated at 137.8lbs last night. Was able to get it twice back to back so getting very close to the COC3.

post-19516-0-64283100-1382632312_thumb.j

• Like 1

Back in this fellaz, Finally smashed my GHP6 rated at 137.8lbs last night. Was able to get it twice back to back so getting very close to the COC3.

A GHP @ 138 should be the same as an easy #3. they're so much wider and stiffer

Nice man you should have the 3 shut very soon!!

Hi, im new to this forum and found this thread interesting because my current goal is to get to the mash monster list :)

I tried to take a video last week but it was very blurry but managed to get a good photo from it

It's nice to finally get closes with my CoC3 after training for so long. Havent rated my gripper so i dont know its rating.

I thought i could never get it closed and it was feeling harder every week and when i couldnt even get it to parallel i cleaned the spring from rust and put some oil and closed it suprisingly easy :)

post-23384-0-30794600-1382864595_thumb.j

Hi, im new to this forum and found this thread interesting because my current goal is to get to the mash monster list :)

I tried to take a video last week but it was very blurry but managed to get a good photo from it

It's nice to finally get closes with my CoC3 after training for so long. Havent rated my gripper so i dont know its rating.

I thought i could never get it closed and it was feeling harder every week and when i couldnt even get it to parallel i cleaned the spring from rust and put some oil and closed it suprisingly easy :)

attachicon.gifCoC #3 right.jpg

Welcome and killer action with the #3.

Thanks

My next harder gripper is RB300 followed by a little harder CoC3,5. The gap from CoC3 to those grippers seems too big for me right now, is there any gripper that would fit in between

Thanks

My next harder gripper is RB300 followed by a little harder CoC3,5. The gap from CoC3 to those grippers seems too big for me right now, is there any gripper that would fit in between

Here is a list of grippers that would lead up to those

1) MM1 and MM2 Replica (the ratings for these grippers will vary as it could be about 155 - 165lbs)

2) Elite, these come out to a rating about 165 - 170lbs (I did see an Elite that was about 177 or 178lbs, and that would be a monster gripper)

3) GHP Level 8, rating come out to about 178lbs; also with GHP grippers, from what I heard, there's very little varying with them, but that's just going to depend on who you get the gripper rated by.

After you can get a GHP 8 closed for a certain amount of reps or holds, you should be knocking on the door to a CoC #3.5 with no problem. Once you can get the #3.5 down, the next gripper you'll wanna attack is the MM3, that sucker is a beast to work with.

Thanks

1) MM1 and MM2 Replica (the ratings for these grippers will vary as it could be about 155 - 165lbs)

2) Elite, these come out to a rating about 165 - 170lbs (I did see an Elite that was about 177 or 178lbs, and that would be a monster gripper)

3) GHP Level 8, rating come out to about 178lbs; also with GHP grippers, from what I heard, there's very little varying with them, but that's just going to depend on who you get the gripper rated by.

After you can get a GHP 8 closed for a certain amount of reps or holds, you should be knocking on the door to a CoC #3.5 with no problem. Once you can get the #3.5 down, the next gripper you'll wanna attack is the MM3, that sucker is a beast to work with.

I think that a ghp 7 also can be a very good gripper to go beyond the coc 3 level.

Thanks

I think that a ghp 7 also can be a very good gripper to go beyond the coc 3 level.

That gripper completely escaped my mind.

so, I just got my MM0 off hand. an issue I had is getting it on film. I found it to be a lot harder to film a gripper close lefty rather than right. I would say practice video so that when you go to submit you aren't adding in another variable.