Race To Mm0

Mike Sharkey

Nice close on the Grand Master!.

Worked up to my GM tonight.

I know I need a better camera.

How is anyone else training for this?

You've got some strong hands. Is that your home gym? That's a nice collection of stones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hlRsyBQuss#

Ghp6 Left hand attempt (no go)

Just a post to show I'm still in the race.My gripper strength stalled for a bit so I'm trying grippers on a different day and only once a week..My right hand is no stronger but it feels like my left is really coming around ...

Its really awesome seeing all the gripsters going strong for this MM0!!!!!!

Lets get it fellas!

Based on my current progress I will be the LAST one to make it to MM0

Better than saying, "based on my current REGRESSION, I will be the last one to make MM0".

Most great achievements in life take longer to happen. I don't think this is for any reason other than for us to enjoy it more and have longer to make mistakes and learn from them.

Edited by Billy Jack

Mike where are you currently with grippers? Are you still bending focus? I know from one of your posts you weren't hanging up the pads till after the Shiny. My gripping progress stalled when I went all in to get the Bastard and cert the Red but now that those two goals are out the way I'm going to approach the MM0 in the same way. Putting the grippers first and twice a week. Are you squatting? That honestly changed the game for me once I started doing squats. I'm pulling for you bro!

Mike where are you currently with grippers? Are you still bending focus? I know from one of your posts you weren't hanging up the pads till after the Shiny. My gripping progress stalled when I went all in to get the Bastard and cert the Red but now that those two goals are out the way I'm going to approach the MM0 in the same way. Putting the grippers first and twice a week. Are you squatting? That honestly changed the game for me once I started doing squats. I'm pulling for you bro!

Thanks man. I have retired from steelbending. All my wraps and steel have already been shipped out. From now on all my training will be low pressure and easy.

I have been making decent gripper progress, my best close being Chez's 119# GHP 5. As far as movements, I do whatever tests well that day and applying applicable modifications. As far as squats, I generally don't like axially loading my spine so I do goblet squats, zerchers, sandbag, etc. Grip is a lot of fun because you do apply a ton of variations to movements I am already doing.

Nice close on the Grand Master!.

Thank you but I am not sure either attempt was closed. soon...

You've got some strong hands. Is that your home gym? That's a nice collection of stones.

Thank you, sir. That would be the garage. I have an 18" Hybrid and a 20" Slater mold. I want to make more(200&350ish) but don't have enough room.

I am pulling for you as well.

• Like 1

Just want to say great thread, don't know why it took so long to check it out; for all those going for the MM0 Cert good luck. I'm going to be following everybodies progress here.

• Like 1

That's a hard close with the right hand let only left!!

Thanks for taking a look Tom!

Getting this close was a big deal for me...

Also the funny thing is my left is feeling stronger than my right on grippers now..

Nice David you are doin great buddy! you should get that MM0 real soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hlRsyBQuss#

Ghp6 Left hand attempt (no go)

Just a post to show I'm still in the race.My gripper strength stalled for a bit so I'm trying grippers on a different day and only once a week..My right hand is no stronger but it feels like my left is really coming around ...

Its really awesome seeing all the gripsters going strong for this MM0!!!!!!

Lets get it fellas!

Killer job man!

The Level 6 is really no joke of a gripper, very stiff and hard; once you get that gripper down with either hand, the next one you should look at closing is a Tetting GM, then a #3 will fall in line very quickly.

Nice David you are doin great buddy! you should get that MM0 real soon!

Thanks bro!

I'm going to keep plugging along for it!

Thanks John!!

I actually have a GM (147#) to work at.

I have noticed that the WT grippers kinda throw me off due to the spread.

Don't know why it would matter beings I'm closer to the close.

But I will start to tackle that gripper soon!

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

Nice close, David.

Did you squeeze on your GM after this just to "check"?

You had mentioned before that your right hand was injured. Has it healed up? How close is your right on that GHP6?

Awesome close and great job on all your recent feats.

Thanks John!!

I actually have a GM (147#) to work at.

I have noticed that the WT grippers kinda throw me off due to the spread.

Don't know why it would matter beings I'm closer to the close.

But I will start to tackle that gripper soon!

Thanks for the advice.

Glad to help man. One thing I noticed when I was going for the #3, when I got to the GM gripper, it was just one tricky sucker for me at times, I'm guessing it was more of the feel of the gripper since I was only use to coc's and some GHP's; but once that GM gripper is closed for a x amount of reps, the 3 will fall to you.

• Like 1

Nice close, David.

Did you squeeze on your GM after this just to "check"?

You had mentioned before that your right hand was injured. Has it healed up? How close is your right on that GHP6?

Awesome close and great job on all your recent feats.

Thanks bro!

I can get a pretty good hit on the GM but it's going to take some work!

I have came close with the right hand on the ghp6,and the hand is better thanks for asking.

Like I mentioned to John I have a hard time with the spread on the WT's, they throw me off alittle but I am going to try and figure it out

I have never tried the GM but i have the WT T6 and its

145# not long after closing the T6 i closed the coc3.

I have never tried the GM but i have the WT T6 and its

145# not long after closing the T6 i closed the coc3.

The t6 would have to be a GM with just a different name, because with a rating in that range, it would have to be a Tetting GM gripper.

Yea thats my take on it, I realy have not seen much on the

T series?

Good job Tom!