100lbs One Arm Dumbbell Military Press

hellswindstaff

This has been a goal of mine for a while... I can hit 70lbs on a good day for a single. Can anyone hit 100lbs++ in a strict fashion? If you can hit over that, what numbers can you put up? Just curious.

This has been a goal of mine for a while... I can hit 70lbs on a good day for a single. Can anyone hit 100lbs++ in a strict fashion? If you can hit over that, what numbers can you put up? Just curious.

My best is 150x10 in decent form. 130x21 when pushing the rep count up a bit. I enjoy one handed dumbbell pressing immensely...

My best is 150x10 in decent form. 130x21 when pushing the rep count up a bit. I enjoy one handed dumbbell pressing immensely...

VIDEO?

VIDEO?

I have not done so to this point. In my mind, if I approach world class poundage, such as a 250 or so, I might do it, in case I never hit it again.

VIDEO?

I have not done so to this point. In my mind, if I approach world class poundage, such as a 250 or so, I might do it, in case I never hit it again.

I would argue that 150 x 10 strict single arm overhead press is such a challenging feat that unless you have some kind of video proof - even if it was just doing 180 for a single or 150 for a few easy reps, then it's bad etiquette to claim it on the gripboard.

It's nothing personal, I don't know you and don't want to call you a liar without a shred of evidence, but it's always a bit suspect when people make big claims and can't/won't back them up with something.

Edited by patrickmeniru

Yeah 150 x 10 In a strict form one arm military press is incredible.... So it needs a video to give the claim credit.

Also because I'd love to see it. That sounds awesome.

VIDEO?

I would argue that 150 x 10 strict single arm overhead press is such a challenging feat that unless you have some kind of video proof - even if it was just doing 180 for a single or 150 for a few easy reps, then it's bad etiquette to claim it on the gripboard.

It's nothing personal, I don't know you and don't want to call you a liar without a shred of evidence, but it's always a bit suspect when people make big claims and can't/won't back them up with something.

It's not bad etiquette, it is the poundage I have worked up to. I don't need video proof to post on the board. I have no need to know you, or impress you or anyone else, and I don't need to prove my credibility to you or anyone else. I have not ever considered video taping my workouts.

It is not always suspect when someone posts a decent workout number, because frankly there some amazingly strong people out there and none of them are dying to post here.

Yeah 150 x 10 In a strict form one arm military press is incredible.... So it needs a video to give the claim credit.

Also because I'd love to see it. That sounds awesome.

It needs a video because you said so? As far as seeing it just to see it, in that sense I may do a video.

I've witnessed people with bigger numbers on one handed pressing, and none of them are worried about whether anyone here knows them.

Because that's how these sorts of forums work. If you claim something like that, you're generally expected to back it up, even if just as a matter of courtesy to the people on here.

Don't want to do it, that's fine. It will remain an unfounded claim, like so many other unfounded claims on the Internet. No big deal.

Because that's how these sorts of forums work. If you claim something like that, you're generally expected to back it up, even if just as a matter of courtesy to the people on here.

Don't want to do it, that's fine. It will remain an unfounded claim, like so many other unfounded claims on the Internet. No big deal.

Not always, as some of "these forums" actually have people who discuss workouts intelligently, which is far beyond anyone here. That is actually I posted, as so few do the one handed presses consistently. As far as backing it up, I do not lie on any level.

Fair enough, I'm not too concerned about it.

Not always, as some of "these forums" actually have people who discuss workouts intelligently, which is far beyond anyone here. That is actually I posted, as so few do the one handed presses consistently. As far as backing it up, I do not lie on any level.

I really should probably just ignore you, as others have said, if you want to make unfounded claims on the internet then go ahead and join the vast line of people who beat you to it. However, I'll rise to the bait and make one further post before I forget about you.

1) As far as I can tell, you have contributed nothing intelligent to this thread.

2) You contradicted yourself by claiming that you do not lie on any level. Not true. I've never met another adult human being who hasn't been dishonest at some stage in their life - for whatever reason.

3) You claim that nobody on the Gripboard discussing workouts intelligently. Why did you sign up/read the forums if this is so manifestly true?

4) You claim that you do not need video proof to post on the board. For someone who seems to be so interested in intelligence, it is slightly worrying that your literacy doesn't seem to have been sufficiently advanced to undertake the simple task of reading the rules of the board: any 'world class' feat must have video proof, to prevent pointless speculations and false claims.

5) Claiming that other people can lift more, or that other people do not post on the Gripboard has absolutely no relevance to this discussion and in this instance is probably not true IMHO. Just for a frame of reference, here's a link to some of the strongest men in the world, barely getting into double figures with 200lb dumbbell one arm press WITH A LEG DRIVE, which makes the exercise far, far easier than a strict press.

Good day to you. Unless you come up with some kind of proof then I'm calling BS. If you do prove me wrong then fantastic, it's a feat I'd love to see and be inspired by.

Edited by patrickmeniru
  • Like 1

I really should probably just ignore you, as others have said, if you want to make unfounded claims on the internet then go ahead and join the vast line of people who beat you to it. However, I'll rise to the bait and make one further post before I forget about you.

1) As far as I can tell, you have contributed nothing intelligent to this thread.

2) You contradicted yourself by claiming that you do not lie on any level. Not true. I've never met another adult human being who hasn't been dishonest at some stage in their life - for whatever reason.

3) You claim that nobody on the Gripboard discussing workouts intelligently. Why did you sign up/read the forums if this is so manifestly true?

4) You claim that you do not need video proof to post on the board. For someone who seems to be so interested in intelligence, it is slightly worrying that your literacy doesn't seem to have been sufficiently advanced to undertake the simple task of reading the rules of the board: any 'world class' feat must have video proof, to prevent pointless speculations and false claims.

5) Claiming that other people can lift more, or that other people do not post on the Gripboard has absolutely no relevance to this discussion and in this instance is probably not true IMHO. Just for a frame of reference, here's a link to some of the strongest men in the world, barely getting into double figures with 200lb dumbbell one arm press WITH A LEG DRIVE, which makes the exercise far, far easier than a strict press.

Good day to you. Unless you come up with some kind of proof then I'm calling BS. If you do prove me wrong then fantastic, it's a feat I'd love to see and be inspired by.

Two things I will add to what you have stated, these are taken the "Rules of the Internet"

12: Anything you say can and will be used against you.
31: You must have pictures to prove your statements. (In this case, video will be fine.)

Two things I will add to what you have stated, these are taken the "Rules of the Internet"

31: You must have pictures to prove your statements. (In this case, video will be fine.)

And then there is rule 34.... Yikes...

And then there is rule 34.... Yikes...

"No Exception"

Currently this thread has reached Number 25 and 26.