Bit Off More Than I Can Chew ? ;)

Scrawny82

Hi guys :)

Im totally new to the grip world and I was making some good progress on the HG grippers that I made a bet with a co-worker that in 5 months(aug 31) Ill be able to close the HG 250. I was all excited until I found out the Hg grippers poundages are way off and got myself a COC 1 1.5 2 2.5

Based on the RGC Gripper Rankings Im guessing the COC #2 is very similar in difficulty to the HG 250 based on this my lose guess is the COC#2 is 195lbs and the HG 250 is actually 200lbs

I can basically close the CoC# 1 one time only !!

Anyone think Ill be able to close the HG250 in time and win this bet? Heres the 2 days a week routine Ive come up with so far.

workout 1 warmup hg100 1x12 (12) Work COC#1 2x1 (1 / .9)

workout 2 warmup hg100 1x12 (12) work HG150 2x10 (9 / 9) Advance CoC#1 2x1 (1 / .9)

the ( ) = what I hit for the sets

****Sorry for my first post being a gimme gimme gimme the answers type..but time is not on my side and I really do plan on reading through all the training posts and learning form previous threads.

Any thoughts and tips appreciated :)

P.S. totally get the addictiveness Ive been reading about...nothing better than having a goal you can set and have the power to achieve it in your own hands.

Breandan

You are correct that the #2 and 250 are usually close in strength.

Since you are new and can close the #1 I think you could close the #2 by august (beginner gains are awesome). The strength increase you are trying to achieve is about 20 to 25 pounds between the 1 and 2.

Try the RRBT program. That was what I used to get to the 2.5 when I started.