The Show Of Hands Grip Cup 6 Results

EricMilfeld

Yes, it was new hub, and it does hold chalk very well. It seems to work well when coated in a thin, even layer of chalk. I always apply an even, light coat to my hands, also. But, yes, everyone was free to apply or remove chalk as they wished, and several took advantage of this and chalked it up. I talked to Zach about this very subject and he agreed that a nice even cover of chalk is ideal for the new hub. The "crinkle" finish on the new hubs traps the chalk because of its light texture. It's similar in feel to seasoned bare steel.

By the way, the weather conditions were dreadful for friction based lifts on contest day.

I just caught a mistake I made. Since Michael Hann set the weight class IM hub world record with the same weight that Mark Dosouza lifted, but in a lighter weight class, Michael would hold the world record in both weight classes. Sorry about that Mark.

Thanks. Tried it last night and see the difference.

Yes, it was new hub, and it does hold chalk very well. It seems to work well when coated in a thin, even layer of chalk. I always apply an even, light coat to my hands, also. But, yes, everyone was free to apply or remove chalk as they wished, and several took advantage of this and chalked it up. I talked to Zach about this very subject and he agreed that a nice even cover of chalk is ideal for the new hub. The "crinkle" finish on the new hubs traps the chalk because of its light texture. It's similar in feel to seasoned bare steel.

An Inzer wrist wrap was left in my garage...

Eric, could you put up the 2HP widths we used? I know I did mine on the "skinny" setting but not sure what the exact width was.

Eric, could you put up the 2HP widths we used? I know I did mine on the "skinny" setting but not sure what the exact width was.

You, Mike Brown, MIchael Hann, Maverick McDowell, Aaron Jacobs, and Zach Jacobs all used the 2" width. Everyone else used the 2 1/4" width. I've never referenced the weights using millimiters, as the millimeter widths don't come out to the advertised widths, anyways. But the dimensions in inches are not quite exact either. I normally don't include the widths in the results just as a means of clutter prevention and to keep things easy to read at a glance.

Eric,

The other mistake was how you spelled my last name.

Eric,

The other mistake was how you spelled my last name.

Dang it! I used to know how to spell it. So is it DeSouza?