9. Casey Emery (93)................ 183.6, 127, 271.1, 50.7.....296.0

10. Cody Sherrod (93)............. 172.6, 127, 252.8, 50.7.....285.9

11. Shane Musselwhite (93).... 167.4, 123, 252.8, 50.7.....281.2

12. Maverick McDowell (83)... 131.2, 103, 255.3, 48.2......250.6

13. Aaron Jacobs (105)............. 186.6, 137, 0.0, 65.5.......247.2

14. Mike Brown (59)............... 146.4, 103, 209.9, 46.9......243.4

15. Yori Skutt (59)................... 133.7, 103, 227.2, 46.9......242.4

16. Kevin Emery (83).................. 0.0, 141, 284.5, 53.6......227.9

After the lifter's name is the weight class in kilos, and then Euro Pinch, 20mm block set gripper, axle, and IM Hub.

Red means world record.

• Like 3

Well done to all!

As I said Eric, I'll get the top 3 up on the main site, and any World Recs up too.

• Like 1

Way to go mike brown and yori. Three wr each!

Wow impressive results on the world records.

How is the scoring done I saw that tommy totaled about 45 more then zach and you actually had the highest total at around 780. Figure it was done by placing and not total just don't know much about how contests are scored so I"m curious.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Wow impressive results on the world records.

How is the scoring done I saw that tommy totaled about 45 more then zach and you actually had the highest total at around 780. Figure it was done by placing and not total just don't know much about how contests are scored so I"m curious.

We used what has become the standard scoring system with North American Grip Sport and the IGC. I think it's the fairest. Here's how it works. The winner of each event is awarded 100 points, or 10, that part is more or less arbitrary. Everyone else in that event will have their lift poundage divided by the winning weight and then multiplied by 100 to yield their score. So, basically, your score would be a percentage based score of the winning weight. This is done for all the events, with the points awarded for each individual event being added together for your combined point total, which, of course, determines placing.

Here's a simple example: You lift 100 pounds and win the gripper event, receiving 100 points. I close a fifty pound gripper and would be awarded 50 points (50 pounds / 100 pounds = .5) (.5 x 100 = 50 points)

If you were to use a powerlifting type total for rankings, guys who excel at the lifts that use heavier weights would have what I think is an unfair advantage. For example, if I pull 500 on the axle and you pull 450 I would be ahead by fifty pounds or "points" with a powerlifting type total. But the difference in our strength levels is only 10%. But what if in the same contest you hub lift 80 pounds and I hub 40. In terms of a powerlifting total I'm still in the lead by 10 pounds, but this difference in hub performance reflects a 100% difference in strength! So, basically this system gives balance to all the lifts.

• Like 1

I'm not sure who took pictures of Zach's historic hub lift, but Ironmind would like to give Zach recognition. Whoever has a photo, could you please forward it to: sales@ironmind.com

Great numbers all around. Congrats to everyone who competed.

Great turnout! Out of curiosity, how long did it take to run the event?

Great turnout! Out of curiosity, how long did it take to run the event?

I remember it to be around 8 hours in all. Axle and 2hp took the longest, grippers the shortest.

Impressive results! Alot of stellar performances! Congrats all!

Thank you Eric for allowing all of us to enter your home...it was a great contest..

You are very welcome! And very cool: you joined the board. Is this the correct spelling of your name, "Mavrick"?

Eric, I will try my best to do a write up on this amazing contest and the equally amazing competitors

this week.

Thanks for a superb contest and hospitality my friend!!!

Had a great time and really enjoyed meeting new people and chatting iron when I had time!

Congrats to ALL!

Everyone did an amazing job!!!

As a side note, I told your son Tommy how well he did as scorekeeper and I appreciated his help!

MORE soon...

• Like 1

This contest was awesome, it was a great group of guys. I had a lot of fun and everyone was very helpful with all my questions. Thanks again Eric for putting on a great contest.

Wow, some awesome things went down at this comp. Fantastic!

Thanks to Eric entering the results into the database these performances are now live on the gripsport.org site. I still have a few venues from the recent griptopz comp that were not entered by the promoters and I will have to enter when I have time so placings may change a little on the top 50 lists a little.

- Aaron

• Like 1

First off, who video taped Zach's 80.5 hub lift? IronMind would like to see a video. They do have a photo now, thanks to Yori.

Thanks to all who attended, especially Jeremy, who drove all the way from Mississippi (that's a fun word to write) with his very patient family. Yori, put in a 400 mile day, himself! And, of course, thank you Joe for judging and sponsoring. I've never had to ask Joe for any kind of help. He just volunteers. And, Tommy, thanks for the truck load of beer. I have no room for food in my fridge! I was thrilled by the hefty turnout, even though I was kept running around like a headless chicken. May have to recruit some more help next year.

And, Aaron, thanks so much for all the hard work you've put into the gripsport. org site.

I just went back to the first post and added in all the point scores. Incredibly close in a lot of cases.

Eric, tell me about how the chalk worked. Did each competitor deal with the device to his own liking, wiping it clean, putting chalk on the device itself, etc.?The device looked well whitened, but I think it was brand new. I have never chalked a hub in my life, nor ever seen one chalked is why I ask. I have heard that the new device "holds chalk" but I don't know what that means. Most everyone chalks the heck on their hands when working it, but I am curious how it worked on the hub.