2013 Diablo Rock Grip Comp Ii

daniel reinard

Yeah Hans does these grip comps too. He's the gym manager. He's been super cool about us doing events there. Just a great guy to be around and get to work with. And yes he is the defending WR speed climber of El Cap in Yosemite and he's got some X Game speed climbing golds too. Super experienced guy.

I hope Connor shows up. He's a busy kid and he enjoys grip since he can do quite well at it.

For me, I like to quit grip the week before a comp and I'll do light to medium effort weight training that doesn't tax grip. Sometimes I just do alot of cardio based stuff. Keep the blood moving. That's the important part. For my last comp I took 2 weeks off due to sickness. Still was able to do well. Find some ways to move blood around daily. Mix cardio and light PL stuff. 30 min a day is all it takes. You'll do great come game day bro. Looking forward to seeing how everyone does!

• Like 2

Updated prepaid list:

Daniel Reinard

Stephen Ruby

Cassandra Ruby

Robert Sparango

Hans Florine

Emily Grigsby

Michael Corlett

Andrew Corlett

Jacqueline Garrett

Kevin Collen

Clay Edgin

• Like 1

Anyone know the last time Clay Edgin was in a Grip Contest? Wasn't it his contest in New Mexico about 7 years ago where Brian Shaw entered his (Shaw's) first Grip Contest? He has gotten Certifications and stuff, but a competition? It wouldn't surprise me if we are looking at a 200 lb. plus RGC close...

Anyone know the last time Clay Edgin was in a Grip Contest? Wasn't it his contest in New Mexico about 7 years ago where Brian Shaw entered his (Shaw's) first Grip Contest? He has gotten Certifications and stuff, but a competition? It wouldn't surprise me if we are looking at a 200 lb. plus RGC close...

Wow really cool never knew brian shaw did a grip contest. Clay is a legend in grip sport he has done everything you can do in the sport so nothing will surprise me but I'm looking forward to seeing the legend in action.

I'm not sure what Clay has been up to. We trained a few months ago and dabbled in bending and grip. I don't think he's trained in awhile but lately he's been hitting weights hard. He just did what I think was his first PL meet. 500+ squats, 400+ bench, 705 deadlift. I think he's getting back into grip too and wanting to do some contests such as the SJ and LA expos.

Anyone with a bolt named after him has to be super-bad. That's really cool Clay's gonna compete!

• Like 1

Very cool poster! If I didn't train grip I would want to after seeing that.

• Like 1

Nice poster Daniel! Hope you guys all set a bunch of PRs at the contest. Weather at least should be quite nice.

• Like 3

Very cool poster! If I didn't train grip I would want to after seeing that.

absolutely... badass pic daniel :grin:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. A gym worker made the poster. Was really cool of him to do that for us.

I invited a spectator. He is a Walnut Creek Orthopedic Surgeon who had a huge amount of specialized training concerning "the hands" with internships, externships, etc. and has been intrigued that there is a sport that focuses on the hands. I put him at 60/40 he will be there to watch.

Tomorrow is the big day. Good luck to everyone competing. I wish I could be there. Kick butt and set PRs. Looking forward to seeing the results.

• Like 6

Good luck to everybody at the comp!

• Like 1

I'll get the division results up as soon as I can tomorrow. The following day I can list the individual performance.

Sleep good tonight everyone, because tomorrow we grip!

Best wishes to all the competitors. Hoping to see lots of PR's!

I'm pretty tired-was at contest for about 6ish hours and haven't eaten since 10am which was a 6 inch subway sandwich- will post more later. My sister and I just want to thank Daniel for running an amazing contest we both had a great time competing and meeting everyone. I know its a lot of work to organize and run these events and we both really appreciate the effort. We both can't wait for the next one you have.

• Like 1

Big thanks to our sponsors: Diablo Rock Gym, Todd Coenen, Kevin Collen, Jedd of Dieselcrew, Daniel Reinard!

Overall division placings. I'll get the individual performances up tomorrow when I have some more time.

Womens:

1st Cassandra Ruby

2nd Emily Grigsby

3rd Jacqueline Garret

Mens LW <205:

1st Brett Aved

2nd Jake Chaknova

3rd Denmark Tordil

4th Robby Sparango

5th Brian Feliciano

6th Jeff Neely

Mens HW >205: