Strength Imbalance In The Forearm

yorrick

Hi guys, I've been training my grip for a few months now, didn't really do anything for it before that, but I had a little question:

For wrist strength I rely on wrist curls, I do them with a dumbell because a barbell doesn't feel all that good. I also tried doing reverse curl movements with barbells and dumbells but it just doesn't feel good, the bar slides out of my hand and even with a homemade strap over the back of the hand the movement feels akward as hell.

so my question is: Can I drop reverse curls all together and continue to do regular wrist curls without any danger of creating a strength imbalance in the forearms? will the forearm flexors receive a lot of work from other exercises? The exercises I like or have access to are:

- Fat bar work
- blob work
- finger curls

- grippers

or any other exercise with a regular barbell.

thanks for the advice in advance.

You could us thick rubber bands around your fingers to work your exstensor muscles. And pick up a 6 or 8lb sledgehammer at a hardware store, there's a lot of different levering moves you can do with one of those that will help with wrist strength.

a sledge hammer is indeed a fun tool I've been meaning to buy, but I am specifically looking for a way to work my wrist extensors and I don't think rubber bands will do the trick. I was thinking about reverse wrist roller work, will that do the trick?

Reverse wrist extension in a push up position, slow controlled form. Most people have to start these on a wall. Obviously use some type of padding. Works even better if you do a push up in that position also before straightening onto the knuckles and then moving back to the back of your hands. Alternately can be done from the knees. Done right you will feel everything in your wrist working.

a sledge hammer is indeed a fun tool I've been meaning to buy, but I am specifically looking for a way to work my wrist extensors and I don't think rubber bands will do the trick. I was thinking about reverse wrist roller work, will that do the trick?

I do my reverse wristcurls with thick wristroller and it hits my wrist extensors very well.

• Like 1

Reverse wrist extension in a push up position, slow controlled form. Most people have to start these on a wall. Obviously use some type of padding. Works even better if you do a push up in that position also before straightening onto the knuckles and then moving back to the back of your hands. Alternately can be done from the knees. Done right you will feel everything in your wrist working.

wow that is actually a pretty good and inventive idea, thank you, I will give that a try

I do my reverse wristcurls with thick wristroller and it hits my wrist extensors very well.

yeah I also use a 60mm metal pipe that I put around a sleeve of my olympic barbell, I do feel the burn but I get the feeling that other muscles, the lats I think even, are actually doing a lot of the work indirectly

yeah I also use a 60mm metal pipe that I put around a sleeve of my olympic barbell, I do feel the burn but I get the feeling that other muscles, the lats I think even, are actually doing a lot of the work indirectly

I sit and forearms rest on thighs while performing reverse wristcurls. Weights are low but it is very intense for wrist extensors.