The Show Of Hands Grip Cup 6

EricMilfeld

Sponsored by JOE MUSSELWHITE and TOMMY JENNINGS

The contest will be held Saturday, March 9th at my house in north Ft. Worth.

Weigh-ins will start at 11AM, lifting at 1PM.

Entry fee is $20, payable on contest day.

Order of Events: Euro, grippers 20mm block set, IronMind Axle, IronMind Hub (IM rules)

All standard rules apply, including four attempts per event, with the Rounds System being used.

We will not contest weight classes, but records will be kept according to your weight class.

Contestants:

1. Eric Milfeld

2. Tommy Jennings

3. Mark Desouza

4. Cody Sherrod

5. Mike Brown

6. Michael Hann

7. Aaron Jacobs

8. Zach Jacobs

9. Ryan Johnson

10. Casey Emery

11. Kevin Emery

12. Cody Musselwhite

13. Yori Skutt

14. Maverick McDowell

15. Jeremy Copley

16. Jason English

17. Shane Musselwhite

18. Brian Sitton

About the grippers: if you have some pet grippers you would like to use for the contest I encourage you to bring them. Just make sure I get them well before the contest so I can calibrate them, if I haven't done so already. We need way more grippers than I have in my personal collection, which contains the following: 141, 151, 155, 161.

Had an accident at work . I go to the doctor tomorrow. My right hand P.I.P. middle and ring finger are injured I think. Hopefully by March I'll be back to normal.

I've, yet again, changed the type of grippers we will be contesting. To help with keeping the sport consistent we will contest the 20 mm block set.

Casey, that bites. You'd better get better! And thanks for bringing your grippers. They should all be calibrated already, right?

Matt, that is a ways, no doubt. But we'd love to watch you set some more records in the lighter weight class!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the knives I will be giving to the top three finishers. For first place is the stag handle Hen and Rooster. The second finisher gets the blue anodized aluminum handle Kershaw, with a flipper folder locking blade. And for third goes the Boker bone handle, with a locking blade. All are laser engraved with "SHGC 2013" and the respective placing.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10862

Nice prizes Eric!

Thanks, David. I thought it would be a cool to have some practical and tough lookin' prizes.

I've added a competitor's list to the first post of this topic. I count 15 who have said they're attending, with a few others expressing interest.

Hey Eric,

Looks like a great get together. I'm going to try to make it.

Quick question, if my wife and kids come will they be able to hangout and watch or should they

Plan on going shopping or something. No big deal either way just need to know how to plan.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hey Eric, Looks like a great get together. I'm going to try to make it. Quick question, if my wife and kids come will they be able to hangout and watch or should they Plan on going shopping or something. No big deal either way just need to know how to plan. Thanks, Jeremy

Sure, they are more than welcome to hang and watch. My only concern is that with this much larger than expected turnout (which is a great thing) we could possibly be a little cramped for space. Typically, though, guys start dropping like flies as the event approaches, so it's hard to say... I've always held the contest in my two car garage. Hope you can make it, Jeremy!

• 4 weeks later...

Although Joe Musselwhite has decided not to compete, he has generously offered to sponsor the contest by providing a couple of knives. So, now we can have knive trophies all the way through fifth place. He has also offered to judge, which is very much appreciated, as all of the guys grip knowledgeable in the area are competing.

Hey Eric,

Could you post your address or send it to me in a PM? Thanks much, Zach and I are looking forward to competing in two weeks.

Hey Eric,

Could you post your address or send it to me in a PM? Thanks much, Zach and I are looking forward to competing in two weeks.

Look forward to seeing you again Aaron and meeting Zach for the first time!!!

Good luck to both of you Gripsters!!!

Eric, one of my past customers may be getting a hold of you about your contest, Chris Castanon. I am not sure if he is a gripboard member, but I sent him to the calendar page on the grip sport site and told him to look you up.

Eric, one of my past customers may be getting a hold of you about your contest, Chris Castanon. I am not sure if he is a gripboard member, but I sent him to the calendar page on the grip sport site and told him to look you up.

Thanks, buddy. Yeah, I know Chris. He competed with us at a couple of the Metroflex contests.

• 2 weeks later...

Eric, thought I might mention a potential parking problem for those coming because my party alone will be 11 people total with 3 of them being competitors. The rest will be cheerleaders! LOL!

I've noticed the times I've been to your place parking is limited and all over the neighborhood! Might also suggest people

bring their own chairs.

Just trying to help you look out for things buddy!!!

This contest is looking to be one of the BEST ever!!!

Can't wait to see everyone and chat when I have time!!!

I'm looking forward to Saturday. Can't wait to meeting everyone and do some gripping.

Jeremy, same here. Should be a lot of fun!

Joe, around the block is the neighborhood pool which should have ample parking, as the pool has yet to open this year. I'll call you about the entourage you're bringing. lol

Wow, 19 competitors. And scanning over the list I suspect all will show. By far our biggest turnout to date. Promises to be a very competitive and fun time.

Awesome. get some video guys!

Good Luck to everyone competing. Sounds like its going to be a great contest with a large turn out. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.