How About A Cyber Contest?

EricMilfeld

Ok ! In fact it doesn't matter a lot : there can be partial results on each "lift" for those that don't have all the equipment and a global result for those that did all the lifts. What do you think ?

Here are the events I think "suits" the competition :whistel

- Dead-lift hold

- Grippers

- Plate pinch

- wrist curl

Here is the equipment I have :

- Grippers ( T ----> 4 )

- Rolling Thunder handle

- Ironmind pinch-block

- Ironmind Hub

- Ironmind wrist-roller

- Weight plates / and bars

PS.

I think that the dead lift/hold event ( if it's included in the contest ), shouldn't be a full dead lift, but a partial one ( to test the grip strength, instead of back strength... ).

How about a deadlift hold for time with a 2" or 3"

bar

Matt

I have come up with a good idea. Those of us who want to take part, vote in a poll made up of ten choices. We have until April 1 to vote. After that the top 4 choices will be the ones contested. What do you all think of this?

I have come up with a good idea. Those of us who want to take part, vote in a poll made up of ten choices. We have until April 1 to vote. After that the top 4 choices will be the ones contested. What do you all think of this?

I agree !

Good idea about the poll vote, Old Guy. I don't have a thick barbell, hub, or Rolling Thunder. Sorry Amaury, I know you're a great bender, but trying to contest nail bending in an objective manner might prove to be tricky. I like the following: #1 reps, thick dumbell dead, barbell reverse wrist curl, barbell wrist curl off bench, overhand barbell lockout off racks,two hand pinch. I don't see why we couldn't contest all of these, but if ya'll want to add some more and vote, that's fine. By the way, my dumbell is 2 3/8.

Sounds good lets open the poll and vote

Matt

Count me in as another competitor.

Equipment that I have:

- grippers ( T, #1, #2)

- 5 pinch grip blocks which includes the older version blockbuster block

- Hub

- 2" Thickbar

- Wrist Roller

- weight plates/ bars

Edited by HandsofStone

I have:

Grippers

RT

2" DL handle

2" bar

IM Leverage bar

IM Hub

TTK

Plates

Ivanko super gripper

Finger extension can

Softball lift

Baseball lift

How about a deadlift hold for time with a 2" or 3"

bar

Matt

Not many have those thick and long bars

Count me in as well I have:

Grippers:T-3

ISG

Olympic plates and bar

2" diameter bar

I like the pillowcase idea never tried it !!!

Jon@han

The great and mighty Sybersnott has decided to respond to this thread, and participate in your challenge! Bring it on! :cool

first time looking at the board in a while, but...

sounds like fun and i'll join in :happy

maybe it could be reps with either a #1 or a #2? i gave my #1 to my grandpa living down in florida, so i;m somewhat lacking in that level of gripper. 87 and he closed it first try! :yikes

other than that, all the suggestions for events seem pretty good. maybe this will be an excuse for me to make some more equipment?

jeff

There are 7 of us that train grip together. I would be in and I'm sure a couple others. Between us we have about twenty grippers of all strengths.

RT

Hub

Apllons axle

2and3/8 bar

2.5 dumbell

IM block

Lever handle

Eagle loops

I've worked out the details. No weight classes. No point, when the muscles being contested account for only 5 to 10% of one's total body weight. I've selected 5 exercises to test crushing, pinching, holding, and wrist (both flexion and extension) strength. As the inaugural contest, I chose exercises that require only a standard olympic bar and plates, as well as a #1 gripper. The focus is inclusivity and simplicity. For the second meet I'd like to include thick bar dumbbell, using Roark's fair bar system, but since the contest is only a month away, I'm figuring the time to be insufficient for all to make their own fair bar dumbbell. Old Guy posted a picture of his real sharp homemade dumbell, if your looking for some ideas on making your own for the next contest. The name for our contest is: The Gripboard Grip Bash. We'll contest it on the first day of May, August, November, and February.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post the official rules.