How About A Cyber Contest?

EricMilfeld

I've been kickin around the idea of a grip meet to be contested at a place of your choosing, for board members. We could select a 24 hour period on a specific date for all contestants to perform their lifts and post their results. We'd have to choose exercises utilizing equipment that most members have access to. The at home contest could be on a monthly or quarterly basis, contesting perhaps three to five exercises. Obviously the honor system would be the only form of judging, but I think we're an honest bunch. I've had this idea for a while, but Rick's contest inspired me to finally post the idea. What do ya think? Is this goofy? :whacked

People would want pics. or video if I did something that no one else could do from the board."Sad but true" :whistel

People would want pics. or video if I did something that no one else could do from the board."Sad but true" :whistel

I think that a pic or video would only be fair. We are an honest bunch, but what does it hurt to have some proof?

No one knows the shit I went through when I first got on the board, so these little remarks of people just don't belive me don't cut it. Some people have become much softer and more beliving. There are no personal jabs, if people keep talking stuff up, I can do this, I can do that, then people want to see it. Not to be proven wrong, but so they can see these great feats in action. I am not whinning I am stating a fact. Some people want to hear/read how great some are, others want to see it.

I'm with Heath on this one since I am from Missouri...AKA...The Show Me State. :tongue

Now if you told me that you can bathe yourself like my dog does I'd believe you.......

Anything else requires proof.

Yes, some would want pics, but this would only be for fun, and the results would not be recorded in an official record book. Even the equipment and exact weight of the plates would be different for all, but again, it's just for fun, and it gives us folks who live thousands of miles from other members a chance for friendly competition. Frankly, I don't care if some question the validity of the results of our FUN competition.

Eric, speaking of grip competitions, my grip buddies and I were considering putting on some kind of little grip competition here in Ruston, Louisiana this summer. Would you be interested in participating? If I can get enough interest, I will put together some events and a date. Maybe this will give you some motivation and something to train for.

That, I might be able to attend, Strongmitts. Keep me posted. I wonder if any other board members would be interested?

Let's see, including myself and the other adventuresome gripster (Old Guy)... that's a total of two contestants for the First Gripboard Grip-Off. Looks like I've got second place all wrapped up! And to add insult to injury, my wife just told me that she sides with the other 1498 board members (lemmings, sheep, cattle, etc.) :dry:(:cry

Great, we now number six. Do you want to shoot for May 1? I was thinking we could perform our lifts anytime between ooo1 and 2359, central standard time on that day. You would then post your results in that same time span (individual lifts, as well as a combined total of your best attempt on each lift). I'd like to figure ranking based upon total weight lifted, and not points, simply for ease of figuring the ranking. Here's some exercises I thought we could all perform with minimal special equipment. Barbell wrist curl, two handed pinch on apparatus of your choice, barbell lockout with overhand grip (no hook grip), reps on a #1 gripper (or comparable gripper strength), with 3 pounds given for each full rep, a thick bar deadlift of some sort (we'd have to agree on a diameter). Please add to the list and offer any ideas you have. Of course there's no need to register to compete, simply post your results on contest day. Who else wants to join? I'M EXCITED!!!

Edited by eric milfeld

Guest mikebyoung

Will there be different weight classes? Not sure I am in the same league as some of you monsters out here...lol.

But I am game...and ready to be humbled.

I agree with old guy, if oyu are gonna do

something like this you should just use the

basics that everyone should have i.e.

plate pinching, grippers etc....

Matt

Guest mikebyoung

well...I am sure we all have grippers and plates. And there is time for everyone to put togther some simple things that they might not already have...like a 2x4 pinch block.

Everyone who wants to do this could post what equipment they have for grip, and also what they would like to do. From this info Eric can choose what we do. I can do everyhing he suggested except for thick barbell lifts. I have 3'' pinch block, RT handle, 2 3/8'' and 3'' dumbbell handles. 60D nail bending might be an idea as everyone can get hold of those. I think 4 events based on grippers, pinching, thickbar and some kind of hold such as lockout with barbell using the clean grip but not thumbless.

I believe there was a post a while back where everyone

listed all of there equiptment

Matt

Guest mikebyoung

I have:

plates

grippers

Rolling Thunder

2x4 block

hub

and one everyone can put together...a pillowcase,weighted with 35lbs of plates...and held for time.

I would go with

pinch block 2'' or 3'' or pinching plates

thickbar dumbbell 2 3/8'' or 2 1/2''

deadlift lockout clean grip regular bar

nail bend 60D

reverse barbell curl

#1 gripper reps

Any 4 of these