Attention Cyberpump Subscribers

OldGuy

I am suggesting that those of you who are subscribers to Cyberpump, indicate being so in their signature. Something like "proud to be a Cyberpump donator" Maybe this would have the efferct of encouraging more people to donate. After all this board costs money to keep it going.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGuy

• mobsterone

• Roark

• Adam Black

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like this? :D

Rick Walker :rock

Good call. :rock

Chris, it's a little like the 'hair club for men'....but it's not a weave.

Seriously...Theres a pay section full of history and info....

Tom of Iowa,esq.,Cyberpump Member since 1949.

Guest Mikael Siversson

I would love to donate had it not been for that roughly half of my postings are deleted these days.

At times, {my interpretation} some of your posts come across

as spiteful and negative. But that does not make you a bad guy ;)

You have made some valid points, but I say to myself; "Why is

Mikael so angry about it?"

I would love to donate had it not been for that roughly half of my postings are deleted these days.

Re-read what zcor said.

Frankly, you are lucky you haven't been removed from this forum. Almost every time you post, it's negative and have several times tip toed the line.

A recent example is reading into Rick's post he was being political. You ruined a whole thread by jumping to this bitter and angry conclusion. So, I deleted your post and the others arguing against your post.

Bill knows, so what's the point?

David

The point quite obviously in asking people to indicate in their tagline if they are a Cyberpump donator, is to shame those who are not into becoming one.

Anyone can write "Cyberpump Supporter" in their own

tagline!

Surely if the aim is to "Shame" as you so politely put it,

then it would have to be something only Wannagrip could

add to your signature?

Bill knows, so what's the point?

David

The point quite obviously in asking people to indicate in their tagline if they are a Cyberpump donator, is to shame those who are not into becoming one.

I have no shame!

Anyone can write "Cyberpump Supporter" in their own

tagline!

Nobody is going to pretend to be a Cyberpump subscriber! If you are a freeloader, then shame on you. Being polite has nothing to do with it. Do you yourself donate?

Maybe Wanna could put it under the name-line and title... :whistel

The point quite obviously in asking people to indicate in their tagline if they are a Cyberpump donator, is to shame those who are not into becoming one

To put someone to shame to get them to do something is rarely an honourable thing. In fact, it's usually a pretty low blow.

I used to like Cyberpump, especially the Ironhistory column. I understand that running websites can become expensive. When Cyberpump became a paysite I was dissappointed, especially since I enjoyed the site - however, I weighed my decision and, as yet, have not come to the conclusion that the hole this creates in my life is worth $10 (or however much it now costs). I e-mailed The Editor for an address to send a donation to, and if and when I decide to, I will use it.

As for free-loading off that site, I can see how that argument can be made. However, if the GripBoard were to be made a pay-site, then I would have a decision to make again - this time it would probably be in favour of paying up. If "donations" were asked for this site I would probably donate. I pay for what I want when I have to - if it's free I will not pay for it. I don't pay for Cyberpump so I do not get it. Likewise I do not think you should provide something for free if you really want/need money to provide it. As I said I understand the web can be expensive - make people pay for the GripBoard if they want to use it. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with being called a "free-loader" for something that is actually free.

I hope I have explained myself clearly - I feel pretty ill at the moment. :unsure

How can one be called a "free loader" when something is free. :blink

I believe that is an inarguable point. Well stated.

"Hey, that guy isn't paying for the free site!" Nonsense.

This is a free forum, open to anyone with a modicum of decency and a grip-related opinion. If I donate, it's because this site has benefitted me in some way. Access to the members-only forums is a bonus. I wouldn't want those that are unable to donate to feel "less worthy" to contribute their "unpaid" opinion.

Anything we add to the forum that is not grip-related takes away from the primary focus of the forum.

And for those who are able, send $20 instead of $10 to help those who aren't.