Setting A Gripper With Small Hands

SilentDude

I have really starting to focus my goals and concentrate my energy on one at a time. Right now I just want to certify on the #3. That's it. The trouble I am coming across which I'm sure has been talked about before is hand size. Now I understand If I train to dominate a #3 this would not be and issue really, but as of right now I cannot.

After Reviewing how to set a gripper the real and absolute proper way I have found it much easier to mash the gripper, but when trying to set the gripper under the IronMind set of rules I find my fingers can barely grasp the handle.

Does this mean I'm just going to have to lower the gripper in my palm and not really set it exactly how it should be set or what? Maybe I will have to show my exact hand measurements for you all to understand. I feel as if my palm is a little bigger compared to my digits. Any help, or even help via videos would be appreciated. I know I'm not the only one here with small hands! Thanks again guys!

P.S. Feels good to be back!

Also when I mentioned mashing a gripper I did not specifically mean the #3. Just that one that I would regularly close such as the #2, felt more like I was REALLY overcrushing.

See of you can find the other thread about this as well.

I think using a compromised handle position is mandatory if you have a sub 8" hand. What I mean my that is that you have the palm handle farther away from your fingers so that you can get your fingers on sooner.

I have 7-5/8" hands and cannot have my pinky on the gripper at CCS width. It's just not possible.

I have CCS closed a 2.5 so I know it's only a matter of getting stronger but I have not managed a #3 yet!

How big is your hand bro?

I'm having the same problem trying to CCS grippers but I think no-setting is helpful in closing grippers like that.

Definitely helps if you have a filed gripper to no-set too.

My hand is 7 1/4"

SilentDude,

My hand is the exact same measurement and I have feel your pain. I have studied several forms of setting and found what works for me. I am getting close on deepsetting my 2.5 if I set the gripper the way Paul Knight shows in his video but if I was to do a CCS with a creditcard I would either have to deepset and then open my hand back up taking alot of my energy or as you mentioned start with the handle further back torwards my thump pad.

I have found it is easier to just find that sweet spot in your palm and work from there and not get to worried about it. If you can close and easier gripper eventually you will get there. I have also found that if I make a line with chalk (a good tip from Jordan) where I want the gripper hand to stay this helps the handle from sliding back.

I have what most would consider an awkward set in that I almost have to double set the gripper to get my pinky on for a CCS. I have also been playing around some with Vogt's style of setting but I haven't seen to many people with large or small hand's who prefer his method.

Eventually I will just close the #3 with two fingers and then hopefully the set won't be an issue. Good Luck,

EMAN

Eventually I will just close the #3 with two fingers and then hopefully the set won't be an issue. Good Luck,

EMAN

What type of set were you planning on using to close the #3 with 2 fingers? No time like the present to start training for that goal.

Joefrey once gave me the tip to use an cut-off creditcard. Cut one up in half, then 3 and a quarter, etc. in other words

gradually work up with the set width. I didn't use it till now, but it could be a good one. Variaton on the blocksetting ofcourse. But it's the mental idea off sliding a CC through. CCS#3 still is a bugger for me also. Did it once and haven't been ably to replicate it ever since. Was a huge demotivation for me for a while. Now I have declared war on the thing but without the overtraining tactics and stuff :) It just takes time for some guys like us.

Edited by Geralt