The Axle Deadlift Challenge

AdamTGlass

Ok here is my submission. Fried forearms!!

=

WOW Great lifting Mark!

What is the end date? I have been climbing my butt off and am pretty trashed right now but if there's time - I might give it a shot later next week.

There will not be a cut off date. I will set up a page on my website and update it weekly. Just something fun for people to train on

• Like 1

Thanks Adam and Cannon! Fun stuff.... I will try again later this week and see if I can hit 50. After I was done here I went on to the second part of the challenge. Max weight for a 2 second hold. I started with a weight I could normally baseline at 300lbs and I got it about 6 inches off the floor and dropped it. My forearms were toast from the max reps....

If my darn phone will upload I'll have a vid to submit. Let's just say 194# reps kicked my butt enough to say enough at 40. Body conditioning is just weak as hell for high reps.

Thanks Adam and Cannon! Fun stuff.... I will try again later this week and see if I can hit 50. After I was done here I went on to the second part of the challenge. Max weight for a 2 second hold. I started with a weight I could normally baseline at 300lbs and I got it about 6 inches off the floor and dropped it. My forearms were toast from the max reps....

Damn impressive. Would you say crossfit helped with that? I cannot remember the last time I did more than a 5 rep set in the deadlift.

36 reps at BW 194, 324 1rm. Lessons learned, don't do a max gripper workout prior and I wish I weighed more so I don't have to do so many BW reps to tire the hands.

• Like 1

Damn impressive. Would you say crossfit helped with that? I cannot remember the last time I did more than a 5 rep set in the deadlift.

No doubt the heavy metcons I have been doing with CrossFit over the past few years have really translated into greater muscle endurance.

hopefully i can do this in a week or so just to submit:)

Hey guys I got home a bit later than I thought, I will update all numbers tomorrow, Really great performances from all- just some fun in the community right? Next challenge will be announced on Saturday

Paul and I will be giving it a go Saturday over at Jason English's gym. So, 43 is the record so far?

• Like 1

Paul and I will be giving it a go Saturday over at Jason English's gym. So, 43 is the record so far?

Crush it Eric!

http://www.adamtglass.com/2012/04/04/the-axle-deadlift-challenge/

I had to stop embedding the videos with the high number of submissions, so I will go back and link them all via hyper link tomorrow.

If you have done the challenge and your name is not on the page please let me know and I'll get it posted.

Edited by AdamTGlass

I'd put money on Eric to exceed 43, he's insane with timed holds

• Like 2

Yep ... you called it. Eric pulled 51 reps @ 198lbs ... actually pulled 52 reps but out of celebration or just being a punk ass biotch, he dropped the weight after lockout.

video uploading

• Like 2

Fantastic Eric! I don't know how you did it, besides just being a bad$$$.

BTW who's Garage or gym was that video shot at? I am envious of it.

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with your grip or the conditioning it took to do that many reps - so let's just say both and give one big "atta boy" for a heck of a set!!!

Yep ... you called it. Eric pulled 51 reps @ 198lbs ... actually pulled 52 reps but out of celebration or just being a punk ass biotch, he dropped the weight after lockout.

video uploading

Impressive! But why did Eric with a maximum weight?