Gnc Grippers 200, 250, 300

familia5az

What resistance do these compare to with COC? Picked up some at GNC recently and these dont resemble COC anymore per some posts ive read. They have a slightly different handle w/o middle notch. Thx

What resistance do these compare to with COC? Picked up some at GNC recently and these dont resemble COC anymore per some posts ive read. They have a slightly different handle w/o middle notch. Thx

My RGC numbers: 200 = 120 lbs, 250 = 145 lbs, 300 = 169 lbs

My 250 was in a hose clamp for a couple months before I had it rated, and the spread seasoned narrower. Most other 250s rate above 150 lbs.

These are the only RGC numbers I've seen on the GNC grippers

GNC200 126 lbs

GNC250 160 lbs

GNC300 160/169 lbs

For comparisons sake, here are some average CoC RGC numbers

CoC #2 110 lbs

CoC #2.5 129 lbs

CoC #3 152 lbs

You said they changed the design on the GNC grips? I as well as others I'm sure would love to see some pictures if they're different than they used to be. GNCs website still shows them the same as the ones I have. Curiously though, they're listed as $49.99 for each 3 piece set now. They used to be $19.99

As far as I know, they are still $20 per set at stores. Also, bare in mind that the GNC grippers and C.o.C.s feel very different... The spreads are way different, therefore, the feeling of each gripper will differ greatly.

After looking at those pictures, clearly they are different from the original versions. No more band across the middle a la CoC. Presumably Ironmind had some "intellectual property" case there. But also, I don't know if it's the lighting or what but the handle diameters look different from eachother too. Can you confirm this familia5az? Are these GNC grippers still steel handles with a smaller diameter than CoC?

After looking at those pictures, clearly they are different from the original versions. No more band across the middle a la CoC. Presumably Ironmind had some "intellectual property" case there. But also, I don't know if it's the lighting or what but the handle diameters look different from eachother too. Can you confirm this familia5az? Are these GNC grippers still steel handles with a smaller diameter than CoC?

Bought my 2nd full set of GNC grippers last night, and I can confirm that the new, unbanded ones are still the same diameter.

Bought my 2nd full set of GNC grippers last night, and I can confirm that the new, unbanded ones are still the same diameter.

Thanks for the clarification. I assumed they were identical grippers with the exception of the band. Seems no need for them to redo the whole product.

Yes, they are steel. Not sure on diameter though.

For the buck, the GNC line could be made into useful low-cost stepping stones. Last night I did a few reps with the GNC 300 and it is certainly harder than my #3 by about 12-14lbs its actually about the range I need to work on to build up my reps for the #3.5 as I am only doing 1-3 singles per workout with that. I like the GNC line. :)

-Jordan