Front Squat Mishap

Mike Rinderle

Enjoy the hilarity. Won't be trying these again without a cage.

1. I know my form sucks.

2. At least the lift was successful for a 20 lb PR

3. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we are taking ourselves way too seriously.

4. Nothing was seriously hurt although my jaw and my lower leg are gonna have a couple nice bruises.

I missed an upright once on bench lockouts with 600+. Made one hell of a racket when all those plates came off that side. At least your collar held up. :)

- Aaron

• Like 1

Dude you have to stop doing those with the crossed arms!

If you don't have the wrist flexibility for the clean grip (lord knows I don't), then you can use wrist straps as an extension for the clean grip.

I started trying to explain how to do this but it was easier to google a video

• Like 1

I think I may just stop doing them altogether. :laugh :laugh I will give those a look though. Thanks!

Those are awesome. I will have to try those with some straps. I can't get anywhere near the bar with a clean grip. That may be the answer! Thanks!

I use the straps and it's way better.

Well, it can't be any worse! HAHAHAHA

Don't feel like the lone ranger, I was sick a couple weeks ago and took a ton of decongestants (all I can think it was) got 225 on the bench for reps and went down and it stuck and I had to roll the bar down my torso to the floor then pick it up and put it back on the bar, the kicker was I was in the gym in front of God and everybody else when I lost all my cool points on the floor! No one offered to help they just stood there like idiots! :sick::shutup::grin:

Edited by GatorGrip

Don't feel like the lone ranger, I was sick a couple weeks ago and took a ton of decongestants (all I can think it was) got 225 on the bench for reps and went down and it stuck and I had to roll the bar down my torso to the floor then pick it up and put it back on the bar, the kicker was I was in the gym in front of God and everybody else when I lost all my cool points on the floor! No one offered to help they just stood there like idiots! :sick::shutup::grin:

That's one of the reasons I don't like commercial gyms. Full of jerks. Not sure how anybody sees someone stuck under a bar and doesn't rush over to help.

It's good that you weren't hurt! I appreciate that you can laugh at yourself and allow others the oppportunity as well. I'm pretty sure I've done dumber things. I enjoyed your video, Mike.

Tom

Thanks guys. Got a couple nice bruises today, but I went back and got my revenge on 285 using the strap method from the video above. Racking went much smoother. :grin:

Glad you're not hurt!

As I don't like to train the racking position for front squats I prefer to do Zercher squats and Zercher lifts.

• 4 weeks later...

very true if you cant laugh at yourself then how could any of this be fun. i laughed at this video it was pretty funny because i ahve had such mishaps as well.. good thing you didnt get hurt!. i use straps as well just makes a better shelf for the bar to sit in. but hey PR awesome!

• Like 1

Every day should start with a laugh!