Ghp Gripper Challenge

Wade Gillingham

28 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I just rewatched the GHP9 video. The GHP9 started off at a narrow 73 mm, had the same ultra bright chrome spring that looks like it came from a Tough Ape chinese 50 lb gripper, he measures the gripper dimensions only before the close, then after the close he uses his 2nd hand to block the view of the gripper opening up, then immediately moves it as far away from the camera as possible, followed by Tiziano then pretending to be exhausted after another fake close. It looks like it could have lost some spread just like the 3.5 video but not as much as this gripper didn't start at like 80 mm (I figure the fake 3.5 probably had the spring bent outwards to look more like a 3.5). If the GHP challenge did continue it would be cool to measure the gripper after, not just before, or maybe both before and after, to prevent tiziano's spring-swap method of cheating. This one is 1000000000% fake as well. @Wade Gillingham @John McCarter @Vinnie

This is why I sent messages to grip companies who have certified Tiz. I will address this subject matter through a video, after Ironmind publishes their findings. And publicly state how certifications must move beyond the issues Tiz created for the future of grip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I'm questioning if even the GHP7 video was faked. He did an almost identical protocol, only measure spread before the close, doing a really exaggerated dramatic close with a pretend grunt at the end, then immediately pulling it out of frame of the camera. Is there anything that isn't fake with this guy.

Probably fake. He spends more time swapping handles than training.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.56e6c3441f7c97c50d53a38b84f6c211.pngimage.thumb.png.d599a002880e48dfaaeb5c2d3c60a12a.pngimage.thumb.png.e1783c845cd1274cbf781790c3273cdc.png

@C8Myotome is right. It so obvious that GHP 8, GHP 9 have silver springs, not the regular grey one.

GHP7 seems to be the only unmodified gripper closed by Tiziano Becchio.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, deadgrip said:

can we meme here?

😐

Please take the memes to a different place. I don't want Wade's thread to close.

• Like 3

This all just so crazy. Tiz may go down as the biggest fraud in grip community history. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chez said:

This all just so crazy. Tiz may go down as the biggest fraud in grip community history. 

I hope ends up on Italian news stations. He deserves all the shame

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

I'm questioning if even the GHP7 video was faked. He did an almost identical protocol, only measure spread before the close, doing a really exaggerated dramatic close with a pretend grunt at the end, then immediately pulling it out of frame of the camera. Is there anything that isn't fake with this guy.

At this point, I believe all of his certs needs to be erased. Based on evidence, this guy is a pathological liar and we can’t trust anything he has done 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Chez said:

Based on evidence, this guy is a pathological liar and we can’t trust anything he has done 

Noticed that he said he was single in the grip athlete profile but now he has a longtime girlfriend..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chez said:

At this point, I believe all of his certs needs to be erased. Based on evidence, this guy is a pathological liar and we can’t trust anything he has done 

I will talk about his certifications in the video.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Only spring I can match his is an RB

Search for the Tough Ape grippers or similar. Most likely those chinese ones were used. They are easy accessible and narrow by nature.

The yellowness in the middle of the coil on photos comes from poor chrome plating on those cheap springs.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1

I have evidence confirming how many of us know he used tough ape springs but it is not ready to be publicly posted yet 

• Like 3

Since other related threads are closed as of now, let's sum up this whole nonsence.

It's obvious now that Tiziano Becchio never modified the grippers by heating the spring, he was just replacing the springs here and there by heating handles (you're actually on the wrong way @dubyagrip 😅).

GHP8, GHP 9, CoC 3.5, GMC grippers - are visually proved to have swiped springs, either chrome plated or black ones.

Most likely @Carl Myerscough's grippers sent to Italy were modified by Becchio too. And modified back before returning them.

@Carl Myerscough it would be helpful to all of us if you could investigate your grippers for spring replacement with the attention to every possible detail, thanks.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1

Guys, if there is going to be a discussion about this, please move all post to here: 

This is the exact reason I created the thread. We don't need to water down Wade's certification thread anymore.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Search for the Tough Ape grippers or similar. Most likely those chinese ones were used. They are easy accessible and narrow by nature.

The yellowness in the middle of the coil on photos comes from poor chrome plating on those cheap springs.

Yeah, my RB doesn’t have that yellowing.

5 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Since other related threads are closed as of now, let's sum up this whole nonsence.

It's obvious now that Tiziano Becchio never modified the grippers by heating the spring, he was just replacing the springs here and there by heating handles (you're actually on the wrong way @dubyagrip 😅).

GHP8, GHP 9, CoC 3.5, GMC grippers - are visually proved to have swiped springs, either chrome plated or black ones.

Most likely @Carl Myerscough's grippers were modified too. And modified back before returning them.

@Carl Myerscough it would be helpful to all of us if you could investigate your grippers for spring replacement with the attention to every possible detail, thanks.

I don't care about Tiz anymore.  My work is to see for myself how this is done and develop ways to account for it.  It has nothing to do with helping get his certs erased.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Oh I doubt he can close a GHP 7 or COC 3.  If he can, then just barely deep set, but I doubt it.  That's why I was so suspicious of the 3.5 and 4.  He just isn't built to be able to do that, or to bench 500 or deadlift 1000.  It's physics and biology, folks.  Nothing special.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, slazbob said:

Only spring I can match his is an RBIMG_0490.thumb.jpeg.a5021eaa57e648ca79ae57d90fb2d3f9.jpeg

5 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

It's a variation of the Chinese springs. 
50lb increment grippers just as the black ones, but these start 25 heavier; 125, 175, 225, 275, 325.
Here is a "brand" selling these grippers: click

Check the 3rd and 4th photos when the gripper is actually in someone's hand. The golden tint is obvious:

cg.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matek said:

It's a variation of the Chinese springs. 
50lb increment grippers just as the black ones, but these start 25 heavier; 125, 175, 225, 275, 325.
Here is a "brand" selling these grippers: click

Check the 3rd and 4th photos when the gripper is actually in someone's hand. The golden tint is obvious:

cg.JPG

Yes, for sure.

I rewatched the 3.5 cert video and had to turn it off! It irritated me so much.

• Like 1

Curious to see what happens here.  There is no stock of anything still :blink