Ghp Gripper Challenge

Wade Gillingham

On 10/24/2022 at 10:44 PM, Wade Gillingham said:
Tiziano Becchio from Italy is at it again. Less than a month after closing the GHP 7, Tiziano becomes the first man in Italy to close the GHP 8 under strict GHP Gripper Challenge rules.

GHP Gripper Challenge, Tiziano Becchio, 10/18/2022

Congrats!!

• Like 2

Congrats to Jaland Worley for joining the GHP Gripper Challenge with a nice Level 7 for 2 reps. I see more in the future for Jaland as these reps were very controlled - there's more in the tank!! https://youtu.be/m4wlZBHcS8A

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:50 AM, Wade Gillingham said:

Congrats to Jaland Worley for joining the GHP Gripper Challenge with a nice Level 7 for 2 reps. I see more in the future for Jaland as these reps were very controlled - there's more in the tank!! https://youtu.be/m4wlZBHcS8A

Congrats to Jaland!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, Wade Gillingham said:

Qianchen Yang has closed the GHP Level 9.  He's young so it will be interesting how far he can go.  Great job Qianchen!

This is interesting. I didn't know it was allowed to use the leg to set the gripper.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Naoki Fukuda becomes only the 4th man from Japan to join the GHP Gripper Challenge with this easy close of the GHP Level 7. Congrats Naoki! 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Ivan Myskovets from Ukraine for a huge entry into the GHP Gripper Challenge! 

• Like 7

Congrats to Jaland Worley for joining the exclusive list of GHP Level 8 closers in the GHP Gripper Challenge!  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Congrats to Jaland Worley for joining the exclusive list of GHP Level 8 closers in the GHP Gripper Challenge!  

Congrats!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Tiziano Becchio from Italy for his recent close of the GHP Level 9. We first saw Tiziano close the Level 7 last September. He has had an incredible rise to the top, reaching the pinnacle of grip strength, closing the GHP Level 9. Tiziano becomes the lightest man to close the Level 9 and first man from Italy to perform this incredible feat of strength! https://youtu.be/2NiVjylW5TA

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Congrats to Tiziano Becchio from Italy for his recent close of the GHP Level 9. We first saw Tiziano close the Level 7 last September. He has had an incredible rise to the top, reaching the pinnacle of grip strength, closing the GHP Level 9. Tiziano becomes the lightest man to close the Level 9 and first man from Italy to perform this incredible feat of strength! https://youtu.be/2NiVjylW5TA

Incredible @Tiziano Becchio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wade Gillingham said:

thanks a lot wade, it's an honor for me, i'll try to improve myself again, i love your grippers and your challenge, thanks for the opportunity.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Bian Youjie from China for his recent close of the GHP Level 7!  

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Emil Baelum Bech from Denmark! He's made history by conquering the GHP Gripper Challenge, becoming the very first Danish man to achieve this feat. Keep crushing those goals and showing the world what you're made of! https://youtu.be/LAPs2eJEwFc

• Like 8

Congrats to Derek Palmeri for another successful entry in the GHP Gripper Challenge. Derek has dominated the Level 7 in the past and now has broken through with the Level 8! Keep it going Derek! https://youtu.be/PNFDAfE3ZY8

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Joeseph Painter for his recent close of the GHP Level 7!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/20/2023 at 11:08 AM, Wade Gillingham said:

@Wade Gillingham Can you please look into this claimed feat by Tiziano Becchio. He claimed to have preformed for your certification. He's recently been caught cheating with the Ironmind #3.5 Certification. I implore you, and whoever else judges these certifications for GHP to investigate if any act of cheating was done by this man.

• Like 5

On 2/10/2024 at 6:24 AM, John McCarter said:

@Wade Gillingham Can you please look into this claimed feat by Tiziano Becchio. He claimed to have preformed for your certification. He's recently been caught cheating with the Ironmind #3.5 Certification. I implore you, and whoever else judges these certifications for GHP to investigate if any act of cheating was done by this man.

I just rewatched the GHP9 video. The GHP9 started off at a narrow 73 mm, had the same ultra bright chrome spring that looks like it came from a Tough Ape chinese 50 lb gripper, he measures the gripper dimensions only before the close, then after the close he uses his 2nd hand to block the view of the gripper opening up, then immediately moves it as far away from the camera as possible, followed by Tiziano then pretending to be exhausted after another fake close. It looks like it could have lost some spread just like the 3.5 video but not as much as this gripper didn't start at like 80 mm (I figure the fake 3.5 probably had the spring bent outwards to look more like a 3.5). If the GHP challenge did continue it would be cool to measure the gripper after, not just before, or maybe both before and after, to prevent tiziano's spring-swap method of cheating. This one is 1000000000% fake as well. @Wade Gillingham @John McCarter @Vinnie

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, slazbob said:

That really took a lot out of him! 😀

I'm questioning if even the GHP7 video was faked. He did an almost identical protocol, only measure spread before the close, doing a really exaggerated dramatic close with a pretend grunt at the end, then immediately pulling it out of frame of the camera. Is there anything that isn't fake with this guy.