Modular Plateau Buster - One Hand Deadlift - The Journey To 600lbs

bencrush

FYI - I don't make any money off the sale or mentioning this product. I talk about it because I think it's an awesome training tool. And I actually get a "runner's high" sort of euphoria after doing one hand deadlifts on this handle. The end.

The MPB is a true multi-tasking wonder. It has interchangeable attachments that I can't wait to try out as soon as they're available for sale. I have had mine only about 2 weeks and have already done workouts ranging from simple one hand deadlifts to deadlifting with individual fingers.

This handle is actually a loadable Swing Handle too, along with all the other uses for it. I probably won't log my swing workouts - have only done a very short one so far since I'm still playing with the one hand deadlift - since they might not have much bearing on one hand deadlift increases.

This is where I'll track my progress - usually with a video documenting each PR - toward a 600lb One Hand Deadlift on my Modular Plateau Buster (MPB). Would like to get that poundage on both hands since they're pretty equal right now on this lift. This might end up being the sole grip work I do for a while.

Grippers hurt my right forearm tweak. This doesn't hurt my right forearm too much. It's at least not making it worse as far as I can tell.

Here's my latest video - 426lbs - both hands. The handle on this MPB is much slicker than the one we used at the Fall Grip Decathlon. I pulled 451lbs - with more in the tank - at that contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3mDLDTz05k&feature=g-all-lik&context=G26d3c65FAAAAAAAADAA

Here's what my MAXES have looked like since getting my MPB as a prize for winning the Fall Grip Decathlon. I received it at the start of February and did my first workout with it on the 2nd of February. I only count "full lifts" - which is about 5" to 7" range of motion probably.

• 336x1-both hands at 217.2lbs bodyweight on 2-12-12. This gave me a baseline to work forward from. Handle was very slick. Didn't hold chalk at all. Still loved the feel of it.
  • 344x1-both hands at 213.6lbs bodyweight on 2-4-12. Did a few pulls with my FatGripz wrapped around the handle to warm up.
  • 376.2x1-both hands at 215.0lbs bodyweight on 2-9-12. Felt very heavy. Left hand was stronger than the right today.
  • 390x1-both hands at 216.0lbs bodyweight on 2-11-12. Felt super heavy.
  • 426x1-both hands at 215.0lbs bodyweight on 2-14-12. Great Valentine's Day workout! 36lb PR was a nice start to the day. Used Dry Hands for the first time in my workouts with the MPB. Seemed to give me a better grip on the handle and it didn't feel like it was just going to shoot out of my hand due to being slick.

I wear a belt when I reach about the 300lb mark in warmups.

I don't have enough 45s to load on there so yesterday's workout I had to put a spin-lock dumbbell handle in each open area at the end of the loading area. Then put weights onto the dumbbell handles. Worked like a charm though and I think I could easily get a total of 500lbs on there without having to buy more weights for a while.

2-17-12, Friday. Another very good workout on the Modular Plateau Buster today.

Beat my last PR of 426lbs handily.

Warmed up and then pulled 440lbs-both hands and 453lbs-both hands. 27lb PR on the last pull. Might've had a bit more but I didn't want to push it. Felt very heavy today. This weight beats my contest best pull on a grippier handle. So that is good news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V818Ys8V7E

Good Luck on Your Journey to 600lb. Your already off to a Great Start.

Wow Ben! That is spectacular! This reminds me of Sergey picking up 315 on an OLY bar with his right hand...only way more impressive cause you are 140lbs over that! Bravo sir, Bravo!

-Jordan

Wow Ben! That is spectacular! This reminds me of Sergey picking up 315 on an OLY bar with his right hand...only way more impressive cause you are 140lbs over that! Bravo sir, Bravo!

-Jordan

The PB is different than an oly bar, way different. Regardless, the progress and weight Ben is stacking on is spectacular.

-Jordan

Thanks Jordan! But like Daniel mentioned it's an entirely different lift. On the older Plateau Buster handle I'm pretty sure I would've gone around 500lbs or more back in November. This handle is slicker so the poundage takes a beating. I have had some respectable lifts on a few varieties of one hand deadlift through the last 3 or 4 years though. This is just another version - but one with much less range of motion than the USAWA comps I'm used to.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZRAxiW2meg

Pulled a 14lb PR - both hands - on the Modular Plateau Buster One Hand Deadlift this morning. 467lbs at 214lbs bodyweight. I wish I had the same Plateau Buster used at the Fall Grip Decathlon to see what this poundage equates to on that other grippier handle. This doesn't mean I don't like the newer powder coated handle though. Quite the contrary.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAnyIFCkvV4

Been about 10 days since my last One Hand Deadlift workout on the Modular Plateau Buster. Remedied that after a 12-hour shift at work this morning. 475lbs is my new max on this handle. Feel like I'm right on the edge weight-wise of what is capable of hurting my damn glass back though. More kettlebell and other general work and 500lbs+ will rise soon.

Increase of 8lbs on both hands.

Awesome progress on a really solid lift! Keep up your enthusiasm as it is propelling you into new heights on a great training tool!