Getting some extra work in.

1a) Dip

BW (276) x 3

BW +18# x 3 x 8r

1b) Meadows Row

75# in Plate x 4 x 10r

February 20, 2014

Before Supper

Today felt good. I also tried a belt for a set; ouch. I'll leave that bugger off. The pulls felt good but I still need to be setting my back better. I was also going to do some swings with the Plateau Buster but figured I'd leave some in the tank for armwrestling tomorrow.

Deadlift

135 x 4 x 3r

225 x 3

315 x 2

365 x 1

415 x 4 x 4r

470 x 2

525 x 2

415 x 8

• Like 1

February 24, 2014

Before Supper

Well I was pretty excited to do today's workout and felt super confident on getting at least one or two sets of doubles with 485# for more PR's. Everything was going good until I did a misload at 485. I accidentally put on 5 plates and remembered that was 495. I ended up only stripping the one sides 45 before throwing on the 35# from 455.

Got revved up. Got under the bar. Went to pop it out of the hooks and it felt weird. Put it back and tried again. Nope. Stepped out of the rack and saw the problem. Fixed the loading and went to do my set. As soon as it was unracked I felt the pain. Went and laid on my inversion table for 20 minutes and now am laying on the couch waiting for Gail to grab a ice pack. Looks like nothing heavy for the rest of the week at least dammit!!

Squat

45 x 4 x 3r

135 x 3

225 x 2

315 x 1

365 x 1

405 x 1

455 x 1

Bunch of frigging bugger ups and pain!!!

February 28, 2014

Noon

Back is still a bit off so I did my regular pull weights and reps for the week but did them off of the 4" blocks. Lets me keep my back tight while still putting the weight in my hands. Next week is my scheduled no pulls then I'll repeat this workout the week after but from the floor.

4" Conventional Deads

135 x 2 x 3r

225 x 2

315 x 2

365 x 1

425 x 4 x 4r

480 x 2

535 x 2

425 x 8

March 2, 2014

Noonish

Today felt good other than overheating from this head cold. Dips are feeling a lot more stable and my wrist is getting better. I was going to do some dumbbell incline presses as well but my side is still too buggered up to allow me to flip the DB's into a clean on the bench.

Another note I'd like to make is that nothing has ever hit my lats as hard or as directly as these meadows rows. They get super pumped.

The DB benching were done with 3-4 second negatives to at least give a bit of work. The hammer curls were very strict and with no English so I'm pretty happy with them. Doing standing ones I'm probably able to do low reps with 80# or so easily.

1a) Dip

BW (275#) x 3

+18# x 3

+36# x 3 x 5r

1b) Meadows Row

+25# x 5

+50# x 8

+75# x 3 x 15r

2a) Seated Hammer Curl

65# x 3 x 5r

2b) DB Bench Press 3-4 second negs

65# x 3 x 10r

3) M Handle w/FGX

50# x 3 x AMRAP Iso's - Supinations

I know you know what you're doing but watch out for those meadows rows they gave me tennis elbow that took months to recover from and I'm still not 100%. I was using a suicide grip so I would recommend gripping it like the rolling thunder, I'm not sure what you do or like but just a word of advice to not get the same nagging injury I got. Keep it up brotha!

I know you know what you're doing but watch out for those meadows rows they gave me tennis elbow that took months to recover from and I'm still not 100%. I was using a suicide grip so I would recommend gripping it like the rolling thunder, I'm not sure what you do or like but just a word of advice to not get the same nagging injury I got. Keep it up brotha!

Thanks man. I'm gripping the bar rather than the sleeve so I shouldn't get hit with that. I tend to get hit more on the inner elbow from bending and arm wrestling.

I did some more looking up last night and I guess Meadows Rows are only with the fulcrum to the side where I do them with it behind me.

• Like 1

I did some more looking up last night and I guess Meadows Rows are only with the fulcrum to the side where I do them with it behind me.

Yeah when I got hurt I was doing them holding the bar on the sleeve with a suicide grip and my thumb on the very end of the bar and I was curling my wrist to keep the bar from falling out. I remember my forearms were sore for about 4-5 days after a solid workout with that exercise though, so if you can do them without getting hurt I think they could do wonders for the grip.

March 3, 2014

Before Supper

Staying safe and just doing a more rehab focused squat session. The back isn't really hurting but I can still feel the effects of last Mondays mishap.

Squat to Bench - Approx 3" high

45 x 3 x 3r

135 x 3

225 x 2

315 x 2

365 x 8 x 3r - sets done every minute

Some damn solid work, as usual, Jason!

Why thank you very much sir :)

February 9, 2014

lol I don't even own a belt I got too fat for about 6 years ago

Noon

Worked out in a commercial gym today with an arm wrestling bud.

1) Squat

45 x 3 x 3r

135 x 3

225 x 2

315 x 1

365 x 1

405 x 1

435 x 1

465 x 3 x 2r - I wore my soft Rehband belt for these. I also forgot to tighten it up for my third set so it was loose just hanging around my waist.

2) Paused Squats 3ct

350 x 3

360 x 2

370 x 2

post a video of how you're doing them cause when I looked it up I saw it on the side too

post a video of how you're doing them cause when I looked it up I saw it on the side too

February 9, 2014

lol I don't even own a belt I got too fat for about 6 years ago

Noon

Worked out in a commercial gym today with an arm wrestling bud.

1) Squat

45 x 3 x 3r

135 x 3

225 x 2

315 x 1

365 x 1

405 x 1

435 x 1

465 x 3 x 2r - I wore my soft Rehband belt for these. I also forgot to tighten it up for my third set so it was loose just hanging around my waist.

2) Paused Squats 3ct

350 x 3

360 x 2

370 x 2

.........what? I don't understand what you're asking.

What happened there I didn't type all that, I was saying post a vid of the rows

What happened there I didn't type all that, I was saying post a vid of the rows

On a post that I wasn't talking about rows lol! I'll do a vid.

Lol it was in the middle of my 5th 12hr nightshift in a row

• Like 1

Like your last picture profile. Just put weight where needed !

Your motivation is just an example to follow and your videos are still a pleasure to look at !

Like your last picture profile. Just put weight where needed !

Your motivation is just an example to follow and your videos are still a pleasure to look at !

I really appreciate that. I take a few bumps and niggles along the way and continue to make a bit of progress where I focus so it's all good. Quite a learning experience. I wish I started in my teens or 20's lol!

March 5, 2014

Noon

1a) Dip

BW(270#) x 5, 11, 13, 11, 9

1b) Landmine Row

75 x 15

77.5 x 15

80 x 2 x 10r

2) M. Handle w/FGX

50# x 3 x AMRAP

Some have wondered what this row is I'm doing so here's a vid. This really hits my lats good.

http://youtu.be/MQdbotKgL9k

March 9, 2014

Afternoon

Saturday is the Alberta Armwrestling Provincials so I didn't go too hard. Tried the bumper flips today for the first time and I think I'll keep playing with them.

1a) Dip

BW (276#) x 2 x 3r

BW +18# x 3 x 8r

1b) Bumper Flips

10# x 8

25# x 5

35# x 3, 3, 3, 5, 2, 1

45# is damn wide for my hand but I'll get them :)

2) Landmine Curls w/Manus Grip

25# x 2 x 8r

35# x 5, 5/8

3) Buncha work at the table with the bands

Hey bro, if that's what your doing why don't you check out Davids slippery eel? It would be a home run

Hey bro, if that's what your doing why don't you check out Davids slippery eel? It would be a home run

I like the weight out further

I like the weight out further
oh ok