Adjustable Inch Dumbbell

Emsquared

I have, as some of you know, a 2.5 inch handle on which I practised for the Inch and the Millennium Dumbbell. I am currently using 286 pounds with a tilt and the plates braced against the forearm.

Steve,

286lbs is an AMAZING weight on such a handle even with your "technique" :blink:bow:bow

What are you doing with it ? Partial deadlifts ? Static holds ?

Thanks,

Amaury.

Emsquared,

You sound like you are pretty close to being able to break the Inch Replica (which is a little harder than the real Inch) off of the floor. If you use strict form, and it has a fairly slick handle your numbers on the adjustable dumbell should be close to what you can pull on the replica. If you keep the plates loose and/or wedge your forearm, youmight have to lift close to 200lb. on the adjustable bell.

166lb. is a great lift. I can barely get 140lb. off of the floor.

Robert

I have, as some of you know, a 2.5 inch handle on which I practised for the Inch and the Millennium Dumbbell. I am currently using 286 pounds with a tilt and the plates braced against the forearm.

Steve,

286lbs is an AMAZING weight on such a handle even with your "technique" :blink:bow:bow

What are you doing with it ? Partial deadlifts ? Static holds ?

Thanks,

Amaury.

Yes, both. When I'm ON! (oh yes I'm feeling strong baby!!) then it goes up as high as my large diameter discs allow (ie up to the balls). Weh I'm not just off the floor will do.

Thanks RSW for the info and everyone else, when I

get my Inch Replica I will let everyone know how I

do on it :rolleyes:online

It will be interesting I can feel it

Matt

OldGuy,

Not sure I follow the opening thread?

Fairbar requires that the hand length and bar circumference to be of equal lengths, so why would we not need different bar diameters for different lengths of hands?

You can use the fairbar formula to calculate based on the lifters hand size and bar diameter used, what would that be equal to on other diameter bars. In other words a man with a nine inch hand lifting 160 with a 2 3/8''handle is lifting the equivalent of about 134 using his fairbar size.

a man with a nine inch hand lifting 160 with a 2 3/8''handle is lifting the equivalent of about 134 using his fairbar size.

errrrr... :tongue So this guy is also lifting the equivalent of 914lbs on a 0.5" handle using the same formula :whacked:whistel

In fact John the relation between the weight that can be lifted and the handle diameter is just not linear so your calculation is not valid i'm afraid !

Although adaptations can be made, I prefer that my Fairbar idea remain as I outlined, so that no calculations/

extrapolations be needed. Keep it simple for the simple

(me).

In my own case the difference between what I can lift with my fairbar size and 2 3/8'' is 40 lbs. I have lifted 140 with 3" and 180 with 2 3/8'' done in the same style and lifted to the same height. That is a difference of 23 %. The difference between my fairbar size and 2 3/8'' is 21 %. Maybe the closeness of these 2 figures is coincidence in my case.