Heavy Grips Hand Grippers

Rampage jackson

I noticed Heavy Grips are Very Cheap i can buy full Set of SIX and not buy every few months new coc gripper!!

what the difference??

which of heavy grips have resistance level Like to coc.2 gripper??

I recommend the search function. LOTS of thread about this with opinions, etc.

If I had to sum them up in haiku format:

Value, but can be crude,

Personified as that Steve

McGranahan dude.

• Like 3

I first bought a CoC Trainer and #1. After using those I saw I could get the 6 pack of Heavy Grips for $60 bucks so I did that. They're nice to have for some variation but they can't be used as a decent progression because they vary in strength so much more than other more quality grippers like CoC or Beef Builder. If you go to either of these links, you can see the different calibrations on a few of them:

http://p2.foorumi.info/rautakoura/viewtopic.php?p=17#17

http://www.grippersuperstore.com/rgc.aspx

As you can see in one example. an HG200 rated harder than an HG250. In my set, my HG250 is fairly close to my CoC #2 but that is only 1 example.

If money is tight and you're looking for a little variety, I'd look into purchasing the Beginner and Advanced sets of GNC grippers. You get 3 grippers in each set for $20. So $40 for a set of 6. I've read varying opinions of the quality and not too much can be said for their consistency because not too many have been rated from my understanding. I happen to enjoy mine, they seem well built. All that being said, I feel neither Heavy Grips nor GNC will be as good quality as CoC, Beef Builder, Baraban, FBBC or AtomGripz. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I even have one that was on 'sale' as a 'second' one side it says HG150 on the other it says HG200, its roughly the same as a CoC #1. They are good if you know roughly what strength it is (though this might change over its life) and cheap enough to file down (which is what I did).

• 3 weeks later...

I personally did not like the heavy grips after I bought my coc grippers. HG grippers are a bit slippery, and you can feel the tension mostly when on the crushing part, less when squeezing.

COC grippers are more consistent in their resistance and they aren't slippery.

• 3 weeks later...

after owning 2 CoC grippers i bought an HG250. money was tight but i needed something tougher. what a mistake. the knurling is not rough enough. it slides in my hand. i don't want to have to use chalk every time so i added tape to the thumb side. didn't help. as has been said, i also think the resistance is greater as you get closer to touching handles, not consistent throughout. in the end, i probably lost money on this as i had to buy something to replace it. i will probably choke it down and train it that way.

Edited by bubba29