Ironmind - Viking Vise Grip Challenge, La Fitexpo

andurniat

I have one more question, this time on the axle all the athletes in top trio showed excellent results a RT. Last year,Felix easily took118 kg on the RT and 220kg per axle.This year,none of 220 kg at Axle not picked up.Why? I think the fact that (in the video it shows) that the discs were pressed very tightly,and they rotate with the axis, so athletes had to deal with the extra torque, similar to that which occurs in Inch dumbbell, Monster Sorinex and similar barbells at lift of them.

Also the strongman competitors did a grueling strongman comp the day before which included lots of thickbar, tug-o-wars, farmers walks, etc. Their hands could not be 100%.

The weights on the Axle were:

160/352

180/396

190/420

200/440

210/463

220/485

The places were:

1. Haugen 210

1. Durniat 210

1. Felix 210

1. Burke 210

5. Thigpen 200

6. Urbank 190

6. Schmidt 190

6. Pritchett 190

9. Dicks 180

9. Eklund 180

11. Reinard Missed opener

The only "passes" were on 190: Burke, Durniat, and Felix.

On the 220/485, my notes say Haugen's were to his knees, Andrew was below his knees, and Felix was above his knees. My notes also say that Burke was "low, then to knees". I think that meant he improved on his second attempt/pull. Felix gave it 3 pulls: "above knees, below, and shins".

Sorry, no video, just my notes!

• Like 1