Tonight's Challenge Workout

BigJan85

Since I probably won't get too many good workouts in this week (plus the fact I'll be eatin a crapload), I decided to do a little challenge workout tonight. It went like this:

1000 jump ropes

100 push ups

100 deadlifts at 225#

100 burpees

100 pull ups

100 sit ups on decline bench with 45# DB on chest

100 tuck jumps

3 mile run

I finished in about an hour and 40 minutes and was pretty exhausted by the end of it all. The pull ups were pretty hard by the time I got to them and I think thats what slowed me down.

I'd like to try a new challenge workout once every 2 weeks on a conditioning day so if anyone has any brutal workouts then please throw em my way.

Sounds brutal. I never did a conditioning workout that lasted over an hour, let alone an hour and 40 minutes.

Tell me, how much time was spent looking at equipment while catching your breath? The way you structured it I think it's called a "chipper" by crossfit standards, where you take down movements one by one. I imagine muscular fatigue kept you from moving in several of these moves. If you want it to be a more efficient CONDITIONING workout, it might be wise to partition the moves and go back to them. You know, like instead of doing 100 of each movement you do 10 rounds of 10, or 5 rounds of 20, or 4 rounds of 25, whatever.... but in this manner you avoid muscular fatigue and you only rest when your LUNGS give out. You'd do the exact same Workload, but in a much shorter time, hence the Intensity would be quite higher.

Just my two cents. :) I know that personally, doing 100 strict pull-ups will have me resting many times, not because I'm out of breath, but because my muscles wont pull me up unless I rest a few seconds... which isn't exactly the best if you're looking for conditioning, I think you'd want to keep moving at all times if possible. :)

Either way great job, beastly workout.

Yeahh I shoulda been more specific as to how I broke them down. I first did the jump rope and push ups and broke it into 10 sets then did the burpees and deadlift in 10 sets and then hit the pull ups, sit ups and tuck jumps in 10 sets but split the pull ups into 2 sets of 5 each set (one in the beginning of the set and one at the end). Then did the 3 mile run. I wish I had a heart rate monitor on me at the time just to see what my average HR was. I know there were def some times (especially towards the end of the deadlift burpee combo) where I was suckin wind pretty hard.

Ah, that sounds nice. If it was done in the exact order you wrote it it would have been truly brutal I reckon.