My Birthday Challenge: 8:20 Of Hell (225 X 44 Do Deads)

Mike Rinderle

I know this isn't an earth shattering achievement, but I was pretty happy with it as an old out of shape guy.

Goal was to do 225 ( just under my bodyweight) X 44 (my age Thursday) in under 10 minutes. Fairly sure I saw a light at the end of the tunnel there on that last rep. My grip, posterior chain, and lungs were all giving out on rep 44. 45 would not have gone up.

DO, dead stop, no belt, 1" deficit (due to size of my plates), stiff York squat bar:

I know this isn't an earth shattering achievement, but I was pretty happy with it as an old out of shape guy.

Goal was to do 225 ( just under my bodyweight) X 44 (my age Thursday) in under 10 minutes. Fairly sure I saw a light at the end of the tunnel there on that last rep. My grip, posterior chain, and lungs were all giving out on rep 44. 45 would not have gone up.

DO, dead stop, no belt, 1" deficit (due to size of my plates), stiff York squat bar:

Way to gut it our Mike! Looked brutal!

Great Job. High rep deadlifts always kill me.

Thanks guys. Haven't pulled in the last two months for lack of room at the new place. I made room today. Going to feel these in the morning. HAHA

Great job Rindo! I just did high rep deads the other day for the first time. It was B R U T A L! Great job knocking out 44@225 brother!

Good job Mike. That kind of thing is intense.

Thanks guys! I am sore beyond belief, but glad I finished it.