What Is A Fatman

Jedd Johnson

What is a Fatman Blob? What is the difference between an Original Style Blob and other Blobs?

Yes, this video is an informational masterpiece! Thanks again Jedd.

Great info in here! Thanks Jedd!

Speaking of blobs, Ive been wandering what makes a reversed lift with a blob, exactly a "reversed"?

I saw a few excellent reversed lifts lately on this forum, but don't understand the reversed part.

Thanks,

RT.

Great info in here! Thanks Jedd!

Speaking of blobs, Ive been wandering what makes a reversed lift with a blob, exactly a "reversed"?

I saw a few excellent reversed lifts lately on this forum, but don't understand the reversed part.

Thanks,

RT.

All Blobs have a side that is rounder than the other, with some it is marginal, (as with any metrology, one side will be rounder or longer than the other, it's just down to how accurately you measure them, tolerances you work with.) and others, like the Legacys have a side that is flatter than most every other Blob but also have a round side that is also far rounder than most every other Blob.

The bigger the difference between the sides will also see the biggest difference in difficulty for a reversed lift.

I hope this has helped answer your question. :)

Thanks for answering Autolupus! I was referring to a few of your lifts, very good!

With a reversed, does this mean the thumb is on the most rounded side?

Thanks for answering Autolupus! I was referring to a few of your lifts, very good!

Yes, a conventional pull will see your fingers on the rounder side an the thumb on the flatter, a reverse is simply that, thumb on the rounder side and fingers on the flatter.

If you've got access to any Blobs, give it a try, empirical testing is always best for feedback! ;)

Edited by Autolupus

Yes, a conventional pull will see your fingers on the rounder side an the thumb on the flatter, a reverse is simply that, thumb on the rounder side and fingers on the flatter.

If you've got access to any Blobs, give it a try, empirical testing is always best for feedback! ;)

That clears it up!

I have one blob 25kg on order, should arrive in 2-4wks. Way to heavy for me, but I like big challenges.

When I lifted it, Ill keep you informed!

Thanks,

RT.

What is a fair price for an original York Fatman blob? I know this varies because it is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but what is a good estimate? From my experience, the number side Fatman blobs typically go for ~20% more than the letter side. Also, I have seen very few authentic Fatmans for sale anywhere, but was lucky enough to recently get my hands on two letter side and one number side 53 pounders.

Edited by Aaron Jacobs

• 2 weeks later...

This video will explain the differences between the sides:

This video shows a double backward fatman blob lift:

• 2 months later...

No problem.

I actually put together another related video recently: