Huge Forearms Strong Grip!

Rampage jackson

This question confused me a long time i have preety big biceps and upper body but i have very bed Genetics in the forearms for building muscle i mean size They Are very small for me no matter how I invest in them since i start train my grip from 15 years old age now im 16 can close no.1 gripper for 16 reps i waiting for my no.2 but they not getting bigger even a little since i saw Tommy Heslep strength I'm sure at 100% that forearms Size has nothing to do with grip strength Maybe someone has a tip for me how to train for The strength of your forearms really reflect their size ??? Hope you understand what I mean

• Like 1

There are body-builders with huge vein-choked forearms who only have an average grip and people with thin, skinny forearms that have a strong grip.

(of course, this is not a rule, skinny hands does not mean strong grip and huge forearms does not mean average grip)

But are you trying to get a strong grip or just big forearms?

Edited by Apekiller

I think you need to get a stronger grip, closing the #1 gripper (I assume you are referring to COC1) does not require huge strength so the forearms have no reason to be big right now.

Once you progress they will get bigger.

Edited by Apekiller

• 8 months later...

I think you need to get a stronger grip, closing the #1 gripper (I assume you are referring to COC1) does not require huge strength so the forearms have no reason to be big right now.

A tad less than 10% of men living in North America can shut it, so he's pretty strong.

A tad less than 10% of men living in North America can shut it, so he's pretty strong.

Is that 10% stat accurate? How do you know? If it's true that makes me feel quite a bit better. My best is the 1.5, so that makes me pretty strong if your stats are right.

This question about average grip strength has been beaten to the death. So let me summarize:

If you're closing a #1 without grip training or knowing how to set, good. If you're closing a #2 without grip training or knowing how to set, that's damn great.

If you ARE training grip, then those closes aren't too impressive yet. It WILL come with time though, so keep going.

Grip strength doesn't always convert to forearm size. Like it's been said, skinny forearms could very well be stronger than big ones.

If you want big forearms, go look at Mighty Joe's 14" forearm thread. He has great tips.

Size of forearms is developed primarily from wrist flexion and extension exercises. A good grip is important but usually not reflected in forearm size.

Well for one thing yes forearm size does have a genetic component to them like any muscle -due to shape, insertion ect- not to mention some people can gain muscle quicker in some areas due to their genetics. Yet your only 16 years old your still not even developed yet and can already rep a #1 which is impressive. Most strong adults can't even close a #1. Kevin knee a pro strongman mentioned that he could not close a coc #2 to give you an idea. So big forearms don't mean strong crush grip. This is true with any type of strength in that size =/ strength. If you want advice on gaining forearm size I would suggest checking out might joes lob in the log section he has a good routine going on or could help you out if you asked him a question. Training purely for grip strength WILL help develop forearm size yet If goal is fastest results I would add other exercises designed for hypertrophy then pure grip strength.