• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bearcat 74

• Wade Gillingham

• OldGuy

• Rick Walker

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade! Holy crap! I also want to say that it is outstanding that you're committing all of these feats to still images and/or video- the video clips are even better than pictures. You really seem to have rejuvinated your enthusiasm in the grip world lately and I think that it's great! Keep tearin' it up!

BC.

Thanks for posting the captured frames Bullettooth, I'm technologically impaired so I can't usually get any video on my computer.

Pretty cool stuff, love all the strongman debris in the background!!!

Jon@han

Wade - Can you pick the Inch up with either hand? Do you feel an Inch farmers walk may be possible? If you don't feel comfortable speculating about the farmers walk that's fine but I would like to know if you can pick up the Inch with either hand.

Thanks,

Mike M.

p.s. HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job Wade. You are on your way to being a modern day grip legend. Do you do any card tearing, phonebook tearing, nail bending, or sledgehammer work like Tom Black does ?

Add those feats to you list and we will have to call you the God of Grip :D

I think Wade should stay away from the bending and hammers :whistel I agree that he is the modern day grip legend, even without adding those feats to his arsenal.

My list of modern day grip legends in post :

- Heath Sexton

- Wade Gillingham

- David Horne

- Steve Gardener

- Pat Povilaitis (unsung hero in my book)

- Tom Black

- The Holle family (as a whole)

What names would you add ?

Add Richard Sorin, John Brookfield and Joe Kinney to the list if they are still considered modern day. Joe Kinney did close the # 4 in 1998 don't cha know. :bow

The Gillingham family as a whole! :bow

Rick Walker :rock

Scott Clayton

Has anyone ever seen Mark Henry close a # 3 ?

I've heard that he has. Why would he not certify then.

Is he holding out and skipping straight the the # 4.

Just a thought.

Guest Mikael Siversson

Difficult to determine who is a grip freak and who is not unless they have gone head to head in a proper competition. Some people rise to the occassion while others crumble. I am a bit amused that Nick McKinless is not mentioned. Some of the guys mentioned would not stand a chance in a proper grip competition against Nick. Anyway, Wade is a fantastic gripster and I would love to compete against him some day and get my ass kicked.

Jim Wylie has a dandy set of hands himself.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. If I get the #4 some day then I will have accomplished something. Until then I am just doing what I am good at and trying to get stronger at what I am weak at.

My hand is 8.5 inches from wrist to middle finger.

I can do the inch either hand, but stronger with my right, and yes I think I could farmers walk with them.

I have done some bending, tearing, ect., but my wrists are a weak spot that I am working on, and pinching thin objects (like a deck of cards) is very difficult for me. I'll leave the freak show to Tom Black, Brookfield, Terminator, and many others that can kick my ass in that area!

Thanks again.

Wade

Thanks Bullet Tooth!(for the photos)

Awesome feat of strength.Period.

I think this(INCH plus BLOB -full deadlift) will remain a very short list for awhile.

What impresses me most (and I'll have to get me a blob) is the facts that he is 1) combining feats and 2) doing them first. I'd like to see him do Mr Sorins grip gamut.

Wade you truely have an amazing

grip, I hope you continue advancing

Matt