What Do You Think?

climber511

Things we have seen or are starting to see in grip contests – what do you think of them?

Wider grippers – the new Vulcan is even wider than the old one – which was wider than most torsion Spring Grippers.

as long as we can use a set I think it's okay. I haven't used a V2 yet to say how I feel but, the first one was ok.

The use of blocks of various sizes to “set” with.

it doesn't seem to knock too much off your max after even slight practice. and it makes judging much easier. considering i have one of the worst sets out there and it didn't bother me too much I think it's fine. especially the 20mm.

Heavy support lifts like the Plateau Buster

there will always be a weak point in the athlete. i feel like people aren't happy because it's too heavy. so, you make the handle thicker so the weight is less. then people complain that it's hand size dependant. as long as the pick is high I think people just have to accept that it is a strength comtest. it's not perfect but, most of the people complaining aren't offering a colution, they simply don't like it. there are lots of events that I don't like, TS.

Frame holds – Hercules Holds etc for time (heavy endurance events)

I like the endurance events because they don't seem to show up that often(at least they didn'y for a while, they seem to be coming back) tests a whole new aspect of grip. I think I would like the HH better than frame but, haven't done it yet. setupwise, the frame is easy. things like that do have to count.

“Odd” objects like the Grip Topz

my big issue with the grip topz was the 2 narrow pinch events. seems too similar.