Using 1/4 Inch Boards To Improve Deadlifts.

kelby

i was thinking about using a power rack. have weights above my knees, than start adding 1/4 inch boards until they get close to my ankles.

example my goal is 600, start adding the boards. has anyone tried this method. do you think it would work.

i was thinking about using a power rack. have weights above my knees, than start adding 1/4 inch boards until they get close to my ankles.

example my goal is 600, start adding the boards. has anyone tried this method. do you think it would work.

I'm confused here. Are you adding boards or taking away boards until you're at ankle level?

I have thought about doing this with my bench before, I think it would take a lot of patience and this would be a long term project. In Dino trainig Brooks Kubik talks about this kind of training. Just take your time tendons and ligaments take a long time to get strong.

Joe, he's talking about starting with rack pulls then adding boards that he stands on to raise his feet level.

Thanks Russ!

After a second of thought I thought this was what he was referring to but wanted to make sure.

I have thought about doing this with my bench before, I think it would take a lot of patience and this would be a long term project. In Dino trainig Brooks Kubik talks about this kind of training. Just take your time tendons and ligaments take a long time to get strong.

thanks for the heads up. i am gonna start trying this, as soo as i get my power cage.

Bob Peoples used this kind of method ( as well as others), he dug a hole to stand in while DLing. Step by step he filled the hole until he reached a full DL. Not sure where I read this, I think in an article on partial training in Ironmanmag in the ´90s.