Two Hands Pinch Tutorial Video

rico300zx

I made up this Video for the guys on the three grip sits I visit. Its about 30min long, theres alot of info about the training tools I use and then it gets into how to grasp and lift the euro pinch. Im not an expert, but I do well lifting it. I was asked to share my opinions about what I know. I edited out about 20 min of stuff and tried to get to the bare bones so hopefully its not too long for everyone to watch. Please leave me a comment on my utube page if you like it, also if you would like to post your workout that would be really cool too. maybe someone can learn from you as well. Also all the things I show I have pictures here on the GB in my gallery if you want to take a look at them.

Parris

Edited by rico300zx
  • Like 1

only got a chance to look at about 1/2 of it. VERY GOOD VIDEO. I'll be watching the rest this weekend. a lot of very good ideas in there.

Thanks Brent, thanks Russ!

Great video Parris, I guess it's safe to say that you are not claustrophobic!

Do you have any specific pinching goals you are training for other that lifting as much as you can on your 2hp appartus? Speaking of which, what did you use for your center plates on your 2hp?

Great video Parris, I guess it's safe to say that you are not claustrophobic!

Do you have any specific pinching goals you are training for other that lifting as much as you can on your 2hp appartus? Speaking of which, what did you use for your center plates on your 2hp?

Mike, right now, my main goals for grip are to do 250 on the 2hp and I would also like to pull 405 DO on the axil. Yea im not afraid of small places :) I used those interconectable floor matting squares. And a piece of flattened cardboard. When I squeeze, it does not compress.

This is awesome man thank you. I'm just getting into pinching and this is exactly what I needed.
thanks Kevin, that's why I made it to help some guys out.

Thanks a lot for the video.
no prob Rich

Great video! Thanks for posting this, Parris.
thanks Todd, lets hear what you gys are doing.

Fantastic video Parris! I think this is awesome and very generous of you to take the time and effort to put this together for everyone. As you know, I'm someone who has trained grip since mid-2000 to the current. And I still haven't really figured out 2-Hand Pinch. I'm never too proud to say I haven't and I'm always looking for tips from guys like you who are very strong on all things pinch.

• Like 1

Fantastic video Parris! I think this is awesome and very generous of you to take the time and effort to put this together for everyone. As you know, I'm someone who has trained grip since mid-2000 to the current. And I still haven't really figured out 2-Hand Pinch. I'm never too proud to say I haven't and I'm always looking for tips from guys like you who are very strong on all things pinch.
thanks Ben! It was my first real attempt at a half decent instructional vid, and my first real one at editing. There's some money to be made there if you could find someone to pay ya. I did try to cover alot of things and take out all the Bs that I didn't think anyone would nt want to see. I think the theme is don't give up. Glad I could help out hopefully some of that made some orderly sense.i can be scatterbrain at times.

Parris

I'm currently coming off a work injury to my left hand, so I haven't really been doing much grip stuff. When I was training pinch, I found that I couldn't train it once per week and still recover decently. I had better results training pinch once every 8 or 9 days. I used plate pinching as my accessory work for the 2HP. I really like your homemade equipment, Parris.............especially that pinch DB!

I'm currently coming off a work injury to my left hand, so I haven't really been doing much grip stuff. When I was training pinch, I found that I couldn't train it once per week and still recover decently. I had better results training pinch once every 8 or 9 days. I used plate pinching as my accessory work for the 2HP. I really like your homemade equipment, Parris.............especially that pinch DB!

sorry about yor left hand that sux, youll get better though. Plate pinching works because your using the same muscles ytou could do holds for time with 2 x45s. hey im glad you dig the equipement the one hand pinch dumbell is by far one of my favorites. it has so many uses. deads, curls, snatches, 1hp, holds for time, whatever you want and really easy to make too.