Routine Suggestions

KRC

Just finished RRBT and am looking for some more all around grip programming. I'm leaning toward doing the type of training Heath Sexton outlines on Farmstrength, but am curious about other suggestions you all may have.

I definitely would like to do pinching and wrist work and I have a homemade loading pin and 2x4 w/eyebolt for pinching, an 8lb sledge, and a homemade formulator to work with. Although it's clear I need to start working grip in ways beyond crushing strength, my main goal is still to close a #3 by years end. I'm a sliver away from a 2.5 at present.

I tend to do better with "exact" programming rather than "just do some pinching"--any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I tried Heaths routine for two months but I didn’t seem to respond to a bunch of max attempts. I would try it if I were you because everyone responds different. If you don’t progress try working out once or twice a week at 90% of your max for sets of two or three reps or whatever. I also liked doing doubles with a 65% gripper focusing on speed.

Thanks, Rich. I think I'll give it a shot as written and play it by ear/feel. I never considered doing speed work but that sounds like a great idea--what do you think setting up gripper training like a powerlifting routine?

For example I'm doing the Texas Method now which is high volume/medium intensity day one, low volume/low intensity day two (could be a gripper speed day), and low volume/high intensity day three where you set between one and five rep PR's. I could see a very nice program set up this way with a Vulcan.