Guinness World Record Challenger:

Chosenone7

I'm putting out a challenge for all the gripster.You have to perform

the front weaver stick lift(king of leveraging lifts)with 5 pounds

for the most reps.The stick have to be around 38 to 42 inches long.

The lift don't have to be strict,as long you lift it a inch high.

If you are interesting! Submit your email to my private message.

Then I would email you an invite from the Guinness World Record Challenger.

Afterwards,you have to become a member on GWR

38 to 42 inches? It allows that much variation? That's huge! Maybe I am misunderstanding you...?

Do you have video of yourself doing this? Thanks.

38 to 42 inches? It allows that much variation? That's huge! Maybe I am misunderstanding you...?

Do you have video of yourself doing this? Thanks.

Well 38 inches is good.Like using a broom stick or something.The video is on the Guiness World Record Challenger.

Guinness and grip, well I'm not thinking the same thought as most of you...but seriously, getting some grip records in their publication might be a good way to promote the sport. I don't have a copy, are there any grip WRs in their book?

Guinness and grip, well I'm not thinking the same thought as most of you...but seriously, getting some grip records in their publication might be a good way to promote the sport. I don't have a copy, are there any grip WRs in their book?

Nope! That why I post a video, on GWR To get grip training or sports more attentions.They have a section called the challenger.You go to there,then you go to suggest challenge.You can post your videos on there.Then request alot of friends to beat your challenge.

Nope! That why I post a video, on GWR To get grip training or sports more attentions.They have a section called the challenger.You go to there,then you go to suggest challenge.You can post your videos on there.Then request alot of friends to beat your challenge.

Grip would seem to be a logical fit to their printed publication, I will have to check it out next time I'm at the library.

BTW, you'd probably get more interest from this audience by posing a challenge of a max weight (single) lift using the exact classic Weaver Stick measurements. You could even post a BW limit, since I know you are not one of the heaviest posting here.

Grip would seem to be a logical fit to their printed publication, I will have to check it out next time I'm at the library.

BTW, you'd probably get more interest from this audience by posing a challenge of a max weight (single) lift using the exact classic Weaver Stick measurements.

They be having alot of pull ups feats.I'm training for breaking one them doing pull ups in one minute.Max weight be cool also! Somebody got to pave

the way.I think grip training or sport need all the exposure it can get.

Having seen some of their books, they publish mainly the new records so you need also their older books to have a full overview...

They had some grip WRs, I remember George Olesen from Denmark set a one-finger-lift WR in the 90's (320kg), the guy appeared in two articles in Ironmanmagazine. Only video I can find of him is one where he is pulling a ferry ship.

Having seen some of their books, they publish mainly the new records so you need also their older books to have a full overview...

They had some grip WRs, I remember George Olesen from Denmark set a one-finger-lift WR in the 90's (320kg), the guy appeared in two articles in Ironmanmagazine. Only video I can find of him is one where he is pulling a ferry ship.

Aww Ok! I didnt know of that! Like Odin say"It be a good way to promote the sport of grip and training.

Aww Ok! I didnt know of that! Like Odin say"It be a good way to promote the sport of grip and training.

I also think it's a good idea!

In case anybody wants to look up the Ironmmanmag articles of George Olesen, they must have been around '95 to '97, the guy was a professional strongman, about 180cm and 110kg. Had a gigantic right bicep from constantly doing his heavy one-arm-lifts with a slightly bent arm, about 7,5cm (3") more then the left arm...

• 1 month later...

i know for certain one thing. guiness wont allow " 38-42 inches" its everyone does the same thing, or nothing with them. only way they allow varience is if someone does it with say 5 lbs and 38 inches, the next guy has to chop of an inch of the stick, or ad .5 lb and match the reps/do more. they wont declare me a winner if i do 16 reps with 42 inch stick and you had the record previously using a 38 inch but only 15 reps

i know the guy with the world record in the crucifix hold. when he origionally broke the record, there was no officials there from guiness, but they sent him a list of criteria to make it legit.

the old record i believe at the time was 72 seconds with 22 lbs per hand. grant had to have a video of the implements being weighed, showing the weight, and then him grabbing them and attempting the record with no breaks in footage ALONG WITH pitures of the process... he used 27 lbs and held them for 90 seconds. the varience here was obviously allowed because he out performed BOTH factors, time and weight.

hope this helps. just trying to say, guiness has a reputation to maintain and they tend to be picky about every last detail. id hate for you to go through all these lengths and them to say "no not enough proof/data" and waste your time. contact them with your idea and they'll help you ensure its official