5 10s Plate Pinch Difficulty

thehammer

Most experienced grip guys would probably disagree with that statement. The Euro pinch set up, for example, is independent of hand size as you can pick your ideal width. For functional grip strength, grippers are at the bottom imo.

I think that the ultimate test of grip strength are grippers;

this may sound silly told by myself cause i am so strong on grippers but really thick bars and pinch are greatly dependent on hand size,this is a fact that cannot be disputed.

Doing grippers my grip strength is increased immensely and i can assure you that i am plenty of functional hand strength.

I know one thing:some big guys can lift the blob or the inch easily but their hands can literally be ripped by the pressure needed to close a #4.

To me holle closing the ghp 9 is by far the greatest "grip" feat of all time;talking about feat of strength the stuff made by gazza is as much great.

Other feats can be accomplished by many big guys without any specific training.

what about holle repping out the 4 for 7 reps? That was unbelievable.

• Like 1

When it comes to grip strength and grip feats, I adhere to: one mans unimpressive feat is another mans two year goal.

THIS.

the stuff made by gazza is as much great.

Heltemes referred to these at the greatest feats of lower arm strength that one would ever see. I can't see them ever being repeated.

For functional grip strength, grippers are at the bottom imo.

And what does "functional hand strength" even mean. I guarantee you Girevoy Sport athletes have far more functional grips for daily tasks than any gripster.

• Like 1

the stuff made by gazza is as much great.

Heltemes referred to these at the greatest feats of lower arm strength that one would ever see. I can't see them ever being repeated.

I agree but i consider bending a "feat of strength"more than pure grip strength.However probably the most impressive stuff ever made.

Most experienced grip guys would probably disagree with that statement. The Euro pinch set up, for example, is independent of hand size as you can pick your ideal width. For functional grip strength, grippers are at the bottom imo.

I think that the ultimate test of grip strength are grippers;

this may sound silly told by myself cause i am so strong on grippers but really thick bars and pinch are greatly dependent on hand size,this is a fact that cannot be disputed.

Doing grippers my grip strength is increased immensely and i can assure you that i am plenty of functional hand strength.

I know one thing:some big guys can lift the blob or the inch easily but their hands can literally be ripped by the pressure needed to close a #4.

To me holle closing the ghp 9 is by far the greatest "grip" feat of all time;talking about feat of strength the stuff made by gazza is as much great.

Other feats can be accomplished by many big guys without any specific training.

what about holle repping out the 4 for 7 reps? That was unbelievable.

Absolutely but the ghp 9 close is the highest gripper close on the tube;with that wide set and that control.

I'll attempt my ghp 9 in next days to see how tall the mountain is.

For me five dimes did not take training but a #3 did. So for me, the #3 would be rated harder. I did five dimes a couple mo ago here at home and the plates were not even matching plates, so quite slippry.

• Like 1

Five dimes from what work I did on them was much easier than a CCS 3 . It was easy to clean them and lift with a thumb and one finger. 6 dimes and a small plate were hard but done( pictured in Milo With thumb and two fingers. At my best 7 dimes were possible and stirred off the floor a bit but my fingers were simply not long enough to span the width of the plates. "Standard" plates were sent to me as a gift after lifting them at an AOBS dinner which we have on display at the facility and use. They are a pretty popular set with all resident grip folks here.

• Like 1

• 10 years later...

5 10 is not an easy feat, it depends on the size of the hand under 7.7 to 7.7 5 with almost 5.4 inch width here with Olympic plate instead of standard the degree of difficulty is really higher because I believe I am capable of lifting the 5 10 standard plate to approximately 4.3 inches. here the strength is very relative and subjective in my opinion