Removing Fats

Alawadhi

Not about getting big, but about removing fats. Need to remove fats from belly (need a 6 pack, it's becoming really big which I am not liking this), waist, and chest. What's the best way into doing so? I started a deit of low carbs and not eating much. A fish in a day or little of meat or chicken. And fast walking for 30 to 45 min on a treadmil incline #5 to #8 (up to #15 it goes). Is my program good? What should I add? What should I decrease? ...etc?

You need to eat more food to lose otherwise your metabolisim will slow down. Plus if you eat too little your body will start to consume its muscle.

Low carb is a good start, 6 small meals a day. Plus if your doing low carb(under 20 carbs a day) calories are not an issue anyways unless you go overboard. Chicken, Tuna, Fish and Eggs are your best bets. Light Strength training in the areas you want to lose will help but fat generally burns in a FIFO nature and you can't really control where your body takes it from. The more muscle the more calories burned. A good cardio program such as Taebo, p90x or insanity will speed up your results even more.

Fresh green veggies too. No dairy, cheese, milk, etc. No bread/pasta, etc.

Still watch portions even when eating the 5-6 meals. Drink lots of water too.

What about sweets? Is a chocolate (sugr and sweets) a no no?

Carbs are for brain function and are a fuel source for your body...

If you take a food log for a week to get your daily average intake and reduce that by 250 calories per take then you should be losing about 2 lbs a week

What about sweets? Is a chocolate (sugr and sweets) a no no?

Basically, stay away from sweets and processed foods.

Good carbs only from veggies.

Portion control will control overall calories as well. So, eat clean and slightly cut calories.

And, of course, strength train along with some cardio.

One day a week a refeed day is allowed I think. On that day, carbs are OK. Work the big muscle groups hard!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the comments. So appreciated :rock Florian, big muscles as in legs and back?

A question - you say your trunk (main part of body) is fat - what about your legs and arms - are they fat as well? Where the body is laying down the fat is important and sometimes can tell you things about hormone levels etc. Or you may just be eating more than you burn which is more likely - but don't discount things like your thyroid etc either.

Where the body is laying down the fat is important and sometimes can tell you things about hormone levels etc.

Could you elaborate on this? Sounds interesting.

A question - you say your trunk (main part of body) is fat - what about your legs and arms - are they fat as well? Where the body is laying down the fat is important and sometimes can tell you things about hormone levels etc. Or you may just be eating more than you burn which is more likely - but don't discount things like your thyroid etc either.

No my arms, legs, back are not fat. But muscles. Used to have abs before but because of my diet and stopping gym/training and also very little movement I got belly fat (more size than fat i guess) and little fatty chest thats all. One of my previous diet was watching TV and eating chocolates. I also used to eat lots of rice and meat and so on. So bad diet generally and little movement got me this fats.

You need to get motivated and STAY that way. You need to change your relationship with food.

Food is a fuel, not a way to feel happy or a reward. If we were less emotional about food we would not have any issues with obesity. It’s a difficult thing to do because food companies prey on that weakness to sucker you into buying junk…but it’s just one of those things we need to do. If you succeed, you will automatically eat more vegetable, fruits and the good stuff and the processed crap and calorie rich foods will turn your stomach. You are not depriving yourself by not eating junk it’s the other way around, so don’t "reward" yourself with it.

good move :rock