Feats/gripboard Records Forum

Bill Piche

I'm just kind of proud of the GripBoard.

Since we have rule 5 in place, how about we open a read only forum of "lists" of active members and their performances.

One obvious list is the #3 closers who are active members.

Another would be the blob list Wade posted, but only those on these forums would be listed. So, it's our own "records board" like at a gym.

What's everyone think of the idea?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• mobsterone

• AnimalCage

• OldGuy

That would be neat. A good goal for everyone-to get on the GripBoard Boards.

A little motivation-

Rick Walker :rock

Sounds like a good idea. Could have a section for each grip related area. For areas that dealt with weight, such as the RT or what not, a post indicating what is world class and what is a strong lift would be nice too.

Great idea! Let's go! :rock

For a long time I have wondered why what other sources,

magazines, etc accept, is relevant to us.

As you say, rule 5 in place, records verified, in house

approval. Sound idea.

The grip board has actually been, among those who know

grip, THE place anyway- so now make it official. :rock

It sounds like fun. Would they be lists like who can pinch 2 45's, who can lift an inch or would it be like here are the top five RT lifters on the forum and here are their weights.

I think it would be great to list everyone's accomplishments. This grip board is made up of trainees at every level. If a new member, maybe a Trainer closer, pops in and sees the top 5 in every category, we look like every other cyber-list. If we show the accomplishments of all of our members, it can be a great source of encouragement, much like the training logs.

Alan

I like that and esp the last response. Every trainee, no matter how raw, can climb the ladder presented to them.

Wannagrip,

Great idea!!! It would push me even harder to climb the ladder toward being a gripmaster. Count me in. :D

--------------------------

"Live long, stay strong"

This sounds like a good idea ! It would be a great motivation factor :)

AnimalCage has volunteered to take this ball and run with his Excel skills. Stay tuned!

OK People,

Here is how I see things. If any of this isn't clear, please say so. I hope it becomes very clear when the chart is made public.

1. Everyone will be able to get on the list. You simply need to register one of the lifts.

2. When you register a lift, you will get an "X" in the column for that lift. Any new registries for the week will be shown in red.

3. The number of "X"'s in your row determines your placement. For ties, you will be listed alphabetically by username. A "Last Week" and "This Week" column will be used to show movement through the ranks.

4. Certain lifts will require photographic proof. An "X" will be entered when you have submitted such proof. If someone wants to register a "proof" lift without proof, they can register their lift without a photo, but they only get a dotted "X", and it doesn't count toward their total until proof is submitted. For example, this would be applied if someone closes a #3, but doesn't have a picture yet.

5. Feats that require weights will be entered using the amount of weight. To earn an "X" for that lift, one must exceed a universally determined amount. The same can apply for items such as the Ivanko Supergripper, using the spring settings.

Any of the above rules can be discussed. We need to establish the feats we are tracking. Below is just a start. We really need to determine the levels for #5.

The following is an initial list of feats:

CoC: Trainer, #1, #2, #3 (photo), #4 (photo)

Pinch 2 45 lb plates (photo)

Deadlift 50lb Blob (photo)

Lift Inch Dumbbell off ground (photo)

Deadlift Inch Dumbbell (photo)

Platecurl (list best, establish "X" level (photo))

Bend 60 penny nail

Tear Deck of Cards

Tear Phone Book (list best, establish "X" level (photo))

Ivanko Supergripper (list best, establish "X" level (photo))

Rolling Thunder (list best, establish "X" level (photo))

Let's shoot for one week of deliberation. I will begin accepting entries next Thursday.

When we are ready to accept entries, please send them to alan@taralane.com.

Let the fun begin!

Alan

As so few of us have the use of an Inch replica, how about also including the Inch loadable? Also what about hub lifts with plates and Ironmind hub and the Ironmind pinchblock?

What about other feats of grip strength not mentioned... grip machines like the G-Rex, anvil lifts, stones, etc. I don't have an Inch rep, so that would leave me out of that category (if I could lift it!). But, I like the idea!! :)

Guest Harlan Jacobs

How about thickbar deads ? Conv. grip and overhand. Now that I think about it, I don't know if we should even have a list to choose from. There are numerous things one can do grip-wise. If someone does something they think is noteworthy, have them send it in. Then have yourself(Animal cage) and Wanna make the call. I realize I know it would be extra work, but we have some gifted people on this page that are capeable of doing some amazing things with thier bodyweight or strange objects. Open the field and we will trust you two to make the call if it is grip realated or not. I think we could get some realy freaky lifts on this page. It would be amazing to go through. Of coarse these would be in the Pictures only section.

The list of feats looks good. Although I would ask for pinching a pair of 35's to be added. This is still a good accomplishment is it not? On the same note perhaps even a pair of 25's should be listed. Would be nice for those of us who are not world class to see how we measure up to other members. Just my 2¢.