What Is A Decent Ttk 1rm

hellswindstaff

My two cent is that you cheat on just about any grip machine, so along with finding a position that makes it less likely to cheat, the most important thing is to relax everything but the zone from your elbow to your fingertips and forget all about impressing yourself or anyone else with anything but how you are going to failure with strict form.

Josh - What's the Feat Cheaters Club?

A way that I keep from cheating is to lift it a 1/2" inch or so. That way you can't push on it. I think that would work with the HH as well. For my guillotine type I stand back a couple of feet and stay on one foot so that I'm leaning on it. This ensures I don't try to turn it into some sort of deadlift or shrug and cheat it as well.

A way that I keep from cheating is to lift it a 1/2" inch or so. That way you can't push on it. I think that would work with the HH as well. For my guillotine type I stand back a couple of feet and stay on one foot so that I'm leaning on it. This ensures I don't try to turn it into some sort of deadlift or shrug and cheat it as well.

Now THAT is a great idea!

@jad - excellent suggestion. I find that irradiation from neighboring muscles helps, so this is an excellent way for me to have my cake and eat it too. I use Pavel's full description of the 'partner handshake' that he describes in many of his books (e.g. Naked Warrior).

Now THAT is a great idea!

When I train with the TTK, I also always lift it up a bit. The TTK is underrated in the grip community IMO - a good tool.