2012 Michigan Grip Championships

bencrush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNCTF2zh8Y0

This is my 153lb GNC250 with the narrow handles. Repped it in yesterday's workout. Then repped it (only 2) again to end the workout. My MMS workout preceded this and was crappy. So it was nice to salvage it with a decent TNS performance. Not exceptional by any means. But I'll take 2 reps with the narrower handles and run with it.

Very cool to see a log preping for a contest Ben. I'm also looking forward to meeting you at the contest, good luck in your training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WeHN5zNwk

Hit a 4lb PR on 19mm Mouse Pinch in today's workout.

Goal will be 170lbs at the contest. That should be top 5 unless a bunch of freakshows show up.:D

The preview still shows the mouse pinch has put baby in a corner. Where's Johnny Castle when you need him!

Very cool to see a log preping for a contest Ben. I'm also looking forward to meeting you at the contest, good luck in your training.

Thanks Jeff! Looking forward to meeting you too man. It's weird sometimes when I think about the guys that I feel like I "know" from the forums - and then I realize that I haven't met some of you guys even though it feels like we have since we're interacted over the years. With your MMS strength (180lb MMS close) I know you'll be right up at the top of the TNS heap too.

The preview still shows the mouse pinch has put baby in a corner. Where's Johnny Castle when you need him!

:D Thin pinch - even more than the standard 48mm to 57mm setting - is one of those things where I'll pull a weight pretty easily and then add 5lbs and have it be stuck to the floor. Have you tried the 19mm (or thereabouts) setting on your Euro Pinch? Seems that your high wrist and finger strength will help you pull a pretty big number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNCTF2zh8Y0

This is my 153lb GNC250 with the narrow handles. Repped it in yesterday's workout. Then repped it (only 2) again to end the workout. My MMS workout preceded this and was crappy. So it was nice to salvage it with a decent TNS performance. Not exceptional by any means. But I'll take 2 reps with the narrower handles and run with it.

Strong closes Ben !!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC_lbuHsxb4

Smashed my 179lb Elite MMS yesterday! And then held it shut for 3 seconds. Pretty excited about that since I thought my grippers were on the downswing yet again. Just like Josh and I have talked about several times before...I have a few bad gripper workouts and then start to question whether I'm totally losing my strength. Then a week or two later I have a PR workout.

:D Thin pinch - even more than the standard 48mm to 57mm setting - is one of those things where I'll pull a weight pretty easily and then add 5lbs and have it be stuck to the floor. Have you tried the 19mm (or thereabouts) setting on your Euro Pinch? Seems that your high wrist and finger strength will help you pull a pretty big number.

My 2HP is such a beast to get tight because of my lack of spin-locks that I adjust it as little as possible. It's pretty much on 48mm unless it travels and someone wants a new setting.

Great close BTW!

My 2HP is such a beast to get tight because of my lack of spin-locks that I adjust it as little as possible. It's pretty much on 48mm unless it travels and someone wants a new setting.

Great close BTW!

I recently just clamped on a couple of pony clamps on mine until the spin locks get here as I've got the same problem. They hold it pretty damn tight.

I'll have to try that for the inner collars. They work great for outers. I have the FBBC collars for inners and while they hold great, I can't get the socket close enough due to the width of the collar. I suppose I could look for a spacer until I can find some reasonable spinlocks.

Great close BTW!

Thanks! I forgot what a monster it is to keep a setup like that really tight. I cringed every time someone accidentally tipped it over and the loading bar hit the deck at the KC Qualifier II. I could just feel it loosening up every hit.

I'll have to try that for the inner collars. They work great for outers. I have the FBBC collars for inners and while they hold great, I can't get the socket close enough due to the width of the collar. I suppose I could look for a spacer until I can find some reasonable spinlocks.

If you get a tight enough (high tension) clamp like the ones that hardware stores sell with the hanging light setup - that will hold super tight on the loading bar. I wonder if you could buy a super long nut for the FBBC collars so that you can tighten them more.