The Road To 425+

Legendofjd3

In training now to pop a 425+ with the Slingshot and hopefully a 405 raw. Feeling great all around. The Slingshot is allowing me to train with NO shoulder pain at all!!!!

Just started turning it up a notch so hopefully in 8 weeks I'll have some big numbers to post. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCA6l9V80Kc

great benching legend, ive been on the ropes about getting a sling-shot for a few months now, do you think it is a worthwhile investment?

great benching legend, ive been on the ropes about getting a sling-shot for a few months now, do you think it is a worthwhile investment?

100% It's a great training device. Takes a lot of pressure off the shoulders and allows you to train heavier without ANY pain. One of the best training tools I've ever seen.

Watch you're raw bench go way up. :mosher

Louis Phillipe Jean has been training a lot with that thing lately, many people seem to like it.

Louis Phillipe Jean has been training a lot with that thing lately, many people seem to like it.

I had my doubts. But when you try it for the 1st time it's really amazing. And BELIEVE me, I used to be into powerlifting big time but with all the crazy super suits and inflated numbers, I think it killed the sport. Just my opinion though. It's funny when someone posts a 500 pound RAW bench video on Youtube and it hardly gets any views, or in the comments someone will say "big deal, Kennelly is doing twice as much". It's so far from the truth.

But I guess my point is... the Slingshot is FAR from and super bench shirt that adds 100's of pounds. Yes, I can do a bit more with it on but the main reason I think it should be used is to prevent injuries and help the CNS get used to bigger weights.

Really a great investment.

I had my doubts. But when you try it for the 1st time it's really amazing. And BELIEVE me, I used to be into powerlifting big time but with all the crazy super suits and inflated numbers, I think it killed the sport. Just my opinion though. It's funny when someone posts a 500 pound RAW bench video on Youtube and it hardly gets any views, or in the comments someone will say "big deal, Kennelly is doing twice as much". It's so far from the truth.

But I guess my point is... the Slingshot is FAR from and super bench shirt that adds 100's of pounds. Yes, I can do a bit more with it on but the main reason I think it should be used is to prevent injuries and help the CNS get used to bigger weights.

Really a great investment.

With this thing on do you touch low like you have a shirt on?

Yes, BGally. It helps to touch it low. It acts like a bench shirt.

• 1 month later...

Well..... as promised, the road to 425+ is complete. Set new pr's tonight with a 430 on my last attempt. Totally happy!!!!

Nice lift..I look forward to seeing that raw 405 go up!

Thanks man. That's next. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I extended training out a couple extra weeks. Ended up with a super solid 450 bench w/Slingshot and a very close attempt with 475!!!! Extremely happy with how well the last 3 1/2 months of hard work paid off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS4LXgrL51Q

Great lift!!!

• 5 months later...

Well here we go again.

Going to be attempting a 500 pound bench press (with a slingshot) on my upcoming 41st birthday in March.

I've been training about a month now.

New 1080 hd camera as well for some crystal clear vids in the dark basement. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Elitefts bands to help with speed work.

Here's a video from last weeks close grip training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRPwATXktdg&feature=g-upl&context=G277a9feAUAAAAAAAAAA

Just starting to grab the heavy stuff again and got a super easy 315 for 5 tonight. Felt good for 8-10 reps.

Still figuring out the new camera. It was stuck on macro for the gripper shot.