Benedikt Magnusson 1015 Pound Deadlift!

blueviper42

Today at the Ronnie Coleman Classic I witnessed what was probably one of the greatest feats of human strength of all time. Benedikt Magnusson came all the way from Iceland to Texas to deadlift. I had no idea that he was going to be here. I was in the bathroom washing my hands, and in my peripherals I could see a very large man standing at the sink next to me. I think I actually took the sink he was walking towards. Anyway, I look over and I'm sure my eyes looked like they were going to pop out of my head. Benedikt Magnusson was standing right beside me. Holy crap. The deadlifting event was right next to the armwrestling tournament, so I was right on the sideline as the deadlifting was going on. Magnusson had an opening lift of 900 pounds, which was pretty amazing in and of itself. He originally planned for 1010 pounds for his second lift, but then decided to go for 1015. The energy in the room as the weight was being put on the bar was off the charts. The video does not fully convey just how electric the air was. It was probably one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed in my life. Here's the video that I took. I also have a video of him repping out with 575 pounds for 22 reps if anyone wants to see that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyZLvwB4mkI

Edited by thewalrus

Crazy!!! Amazing world record setting, and did not even seem that hard! I think a 1050 deadlift is in his future, maybe even 1100. That seriously looked too easy.

Thanks alot for taking the video and posting it up here...very awesome...just a crazy strong performance from Big Benny...I felt the excitement just watching it from my couch!!

wow he is truly a gifted deadlifter and his grip must be strong:)

I have to agree with David!

Most amazing thing I've ever personally witnessed ever.

I was on the front row taking pictures of this historical lift.

BTW, his opener was 905 lbs. not 900 lbs.

His second attempt was changed from 1010 lbs. to 1015 lbs. because they couldn't get

all the plates on the bar with 1010 lbs but they could with 1015 lbs and he agreed to

go for the higher weight.

Also, this has to be the massively built human I've ever seen, PERIOD! I couldn't

believe the size of this guy. 381 lbs at weigh-ins. His calves looked like aired up

balloons tied to the back of his legs. I asked him the size of his calves and his response was 21".

AMAZING!!! Everywhere this guy walked you could see peoples mouths just opened and gasping.

STRONGEST HUMAN ON THIS PLANET!!!

Awesome to witness and be a part of. WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

Edited by Mighty Joe

Wow!!!! That was awesome!!! I can't even imagine a human picking up this much weight. Truly the greatest test of strength there is. No supersuits, no massive wraps..... just him and the bar.

INCREDIBLE lift!!! :ohmy .. goodness..

IMHO Bennedikt is the strongest (powerlift) deadlifter in the world!!, and hes just freaking built like a tank. He's also young and still seems to have so much left to gain, and a really great thing too is that his grip never seems to give out.I wonder what Bolton's answer will be.

There still is a match going on between strongman/powerlifters who race for the highest deadlift, with savickas and terry hollands (great dlers) in it too!! There will be some deadlifting going on now o.O, but I think benni will come out on top with an new record.... maybe 1050 pounds :PP :bow !! O.o :help .

Sick,sick,SICK LIFT. As Joe said he is strongest "human" on this planet. Man I am still shocked from what I've just saw. :bow

Hey David, PLEASE post your video of Benedikt repping 575 for 22 reps on this thread!

It wouldn't be right to not have it along with his historical DL.

Thanks in advance!!!

Here's a pic in my gallery of Benedikt's 1015 lb. RAW, DL World Record!!!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9891

Another pic to give viewers an idea of just how MASSIVE Benedikt really is.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9900

Edited by Mighty Joe

Here is the video of Bennie repping 575 for 22 reps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMB2OZYYrc

Thanks David!

Awesome video!

Edited by Mighty Joe

I love how he walks up to 1015, pulls it toward him and just stands up with it then holds it for what seems like an hour. That's some serious bad assedness right there!!

Don't know how many times I've said it already since yesterday, but I'll say it again.

Benni's the man.

Funny what he does to that 575 as well. The first ten reps are faster than most people repping 135, lol. What an extraordinary human being!

Mighty Joe: I always took notice of this man's calves as well! Did you take a picture of them? (Serious question!!)

Good lord man! The DL world record isn't broken often (in the last few years anyway), so it's a sight to behold when it falls. Benni is fun to watch, he has energy! He's also a nice guy, I'm glad he took the record back. Now Andy Bolton has some motivation.

what does benni squat cause his calves are awesome too! But bolton won't beat him. wasn't bolton wearing a double ply suit when he did 1008? Cause benni only used a belt.

• 4 weeks later...

what does benni squat cause his calves are awesome too! But bolton won't beat him. wasn't bolton wearing a double ply suit when he did 1008? Cause benni only used a belt.

the inzer max dl suit im prety sure

One of the greatest strength displays in history !

But i think this is just a stepping stone for him to much greater things.

Its great to see REAL feats of strength . Just the weights and the man , nothing else.

Well done Benni !

Funny what he does to that 575 as well. The first ten reps are faster than most people repping 135, lol. What an extraordinary human being!

It didn't get much attention, but another man, Orlando Green, got 21 reps with 575. And he weighs A LOT less than Benedikt. Someone uploaded it to youtube:

According to another video he weighed 225 pounds.

Edited by thewalrus