Strength And Power - I Think So

maidenfan

Really good video...Karelin is of course the greatest wrestler of all-time...bar none...his strength, stamina, spirit, toughness, and power are all on a level above most every top-tier athlete in the world. His record is untouchable, and I could probably go on and on about Karelin...he has been an inspiration since I was a kid wrestling, and its nice to see a thread started about him...I think Jedd is a big fan too, and probably alot more people on this board...I remember seing some pictures of Karelin on DieselCrew.com.

I never get tired of watching Karelin matches. Truly a scary human being.

Really good video...Karelin is of course the greatest wrestler of all-time...bar none...his strength, stamina, spirit, toughness, and power are all on a level above most every top-tier athlete in the world. His record is untouchable, and I could probably go on and on about Karelin...he has been an inspiration since I was a kid wrestling, and its nice to see a thread started about him...I think Jedd is a big fan too, and probably alot more people on this board...I remember seing some pictures of Karelin on DieselCrew.com.

Yeah, you'd think there would be more info out there on the guy based on him being one of the greatest athletes of all time.

Alexandr Karelin Article

Heres a really cool article that was posted in SI years back - I remember reading the article when I was in the Corps and became an immedaiate fan. I know several Americans that were cheering him on when he lost to Gardner in 2000 - simply based on how good of an athelete he was.

On a side note, I just saw Rulon Gardner is on "The Biggest Loser" - how do you go from an olympic athlete to looking like that? I know he was always pretty hefty, but geez man.

Edited by maidenfan

Another video of Karelin's strength. What some people forget is this is after wrestling for mins on end, then having the strength to pick these 289+ pro atheletes up and tossing them

Been a fan for a while now!! Karelin was incredible.

They called him The Experiment. I wonder why?

Yeah, you'd think there would be more info out there on the guy based on him being one of the greatest athletes of all time.

Alexandr Karelin Article

Heres a really cool article that was posted in SI years back - I remember reading the article when I was in the Corps and became an immedaiate fan. I know several Americans that were cheering him on when he lost to Gardner in 2000 - simply based on how good of an athelete he was.

On a side note, I just saw Rulon Gardner is on "The Biggest Loser" - how do you go from an olympic athlete to looking like that? I know he was always pretty hefty, but geez man.

I was definitely in this group. I'm still in awe that Gardner was able to pull it off.

I wasn't a big fan of Gardner, and my friends and I just assumed that Karelin would win in 2000...he doesn't lose...but no one can go on for ever, and Rulon was the guy that was there when Karelin stopped winning...of course Rulon is a very high-caliber and talented wrestler as well, and even tried his hand at MMA...Karelin also had an MMA fight...but as far as being on the Biggest Loser?? Gardner had a pretty high bodyfat% back when he was a wrestler, and I guess when you don't watch what you eat or care about your health, you can get up to allmost 500 lbs pretty fast. I am pretty shocked to see how big he let himself get...I just hope he gets his stuff together, and gets his weight under control.

• 4 weeks later...

Karelin used average people for dumbbell presses,fat wrestlers for deadlift and throw overhead(or something similar) and when he saw Rocky IV-running in the snow he needed to do the same thing, but more hardcore. :D