Closed Coc #1 & Coc #2!

Djtimodj

You are up for a certification man! Excellent closes, on all of them. Now get that #3!

RT.

Guys I need some sort of training plan.

My hand become sore and weak if I use my grippers to much (a few times a day).

I'm thinking of training 3 times a week with 1-2days rest between training. Training would be:

#1 x 10 left and right hand

#2 x 3 right hand 1-2 left hand

#2.5 x 1 right hand and deep set for left hand.

I would train the # 2.5 for a few singles on each hand. Does this sound ok?

yeah the workout sounds good, but in terms of how often to train, you need to judge it to how your body responds to training. So like obviously you dont want to overdo it and end up injuring yourself, I would say that 3 workouts a week is quite a lot if youre only recently starting to train grippers.

Maybe start with 2 sessions a week, and get some extensor work in and contrast baths to help with recovery. See how that goes, then up it to 3 sessions...

Guys I need some sort of training plan.

My hand become sore and weak if I use my grippers to much (a few times a day).

I'm thinking of training 3 times a week with 1-2days rest between training. Training would be:

#1 x 10 left and right hand

#2 x 3 right hand 1-2 left hand

#2.5 x 1 right hand and deep set for left hand.

I would train the # 2.5 for a few singles on each hand. Does this sound ok?

What exactly is your goal for grippers? Do you want to close the hardest grippers you can for a single or do you want to build more endurance? If you want to close big grippers for a single then I don't see a need for all the reps. If you want to warm up I'd use a couple lighter grippers for singles or doubles so you don't wear your hands out then grab a goal gripper you can't close yet and do several singles with assisted closes with plenty of rest between singles.

As for training frequency, it all depends on how long you need to recover which is a matter of experimentation. If I'm only training grippers I do 2 days on, 1 off, 2 on and the weekend off. If I'm training other grip events too I think 3 non-consecutive training days a week works well.

I'd recommend you start a detailed log so you can track your progress and look back over time to see what worked best for you. Plus I bet you will have a lot of people watching your log including me :mosher

i'd maybe skip out those closes on the #2 , warm up then go for some closes on the #2.5, i like BFNs (where you assist it shut, then release the non grip hand and hold it for a few beats, then force shut again), then easy in a few closes on the #2 before you finish.