Closed Coc #1 & Coc #2!

Djtimodj

Guys jut need some advice. I got my first CoC 1 last week and closed it straight out the pack no problem. I ordered a CoC 2 a few days ago and got that yesterday and I can close that with no set up quite easy? I'm thinkin of buying a CoC 3 but is it such a big jump for #2 to #3 I'm not sure? I don't want to spen the cash on a 2.5 only to close it straight out the pack? Lol.

I've only been training grip for a few weeks now so I'm sure a CoC 3 would be somthin for me to train towards?

Here's a few videos for you guys.

CoC 1 close.

CoC 2 close

Thanks guys.

Uh, yeah, get a #3.. Or some BBs. BBSM and BBGM.

I don't think a BBSM or 2.5 would be a waste of money. Even if you can close it straight away, those are pretty heavy grippers to be doing reps and you can really build strengh by trying to increase reps. Especially if you are not able to close the #3 right away, you're going to want something between 2 and 3. It's a REAL BIG gap.

>>> after watching the video again, I would definitely recommend a 2.5 or BBSM. I would be surprised if you could close either straight away.

Uh, yeah, get a #3.. Or some BBs. BBSM and BBGM.

I don't think a BBSM or 2.5 would be a waste of money. Even if you can close it straight away, those are pretty heavy grippers to be doing reps and you can really build strengh by trying to increase reps. Especially if you are not able to close the #3 right away, you're going to want something between 2 and 3. It's a REAL BIG gap.

+1

Thanks guys, I think im gonna wait a few weeks and build some rep power on the coc 2 before I jump to the coc 3. coc 1 to coc 2 did not feel that much different but I know the gap between the coc 2 and coc 3 is bigger so that will be hard. I may get some chalk if that helps too!

Given the way you closed your #2 - convincingly but not toying with it* - you're probably still a good distance away from being able to close a #3,

I'd thus suggest you get a #2.5 AND a #3 (checking one's progress on the goal gripper is very motivating).

If you want/can afford only one gripper, then just get a #3.

(*Except if for some reason you refrained from doing 20reps with it on the video!)

1st of all.... awesome video's and even better closes.

The jump between a #2 and #3 is HUGE!!! You might want to try a #2.5 next. But also check out some "how to" video's on Youtube about how to set and close a gripper. You are doing a no set close which is super impressive but will limit you from closing anything much more than a #3.

Try a parallel set of MM set. You have tons of potential. Keep up the great work man. :)

Thanks again guys. The idea of setting the gripper make it Easier to close so I'm sure I could get close to a #3 if I used a set up on it. As some one has said I ive only had my CoC 2 2 days and I played with it after a heavy back work out (including 170kg deadlifts which tire my grip out a lot) and managed 5 full closes on my right and 3 with my left. I'm sure I've got 10+ reps on my right hand if I was fresh.

Can go to far wrong with a CoC 3 because even if I can close it then I'll keep repping the CoC 2 and trying the #3 once a week?

#1 to #2 is a big jump, but the difference between that and the gap from the #2 to #3 is like jumping over a puddle compared to jumping over the grand canyon. It really is a completely different leap.

The #2.5 will be a good gripper to go for, since even if you close it straight away, you can improve the amount of reps, as mentioned above.

Good job on the close's man...I would recommend buying the 2.5, 3, & 3.5 all at once to save on shipping. Even if you can close a 2.5 out of the package, the odds are against you for closing the 3 out of the package...so the 2.5 will help build strength for the 3 and beyond. I don't think having smaller grippers is a waste of money...they are good for warm-ups, and nice to have the whole collection.

I'm sure I've got 10+ reps on my right hand if I was fresh.

10+ no set reps is very good ! You'll probably be able to no set the #2.5, and maybe get close to the #3 with a deep set.

If you want to get certified on the #3 though, keep in mind that you need a credit card set :)

How big are your hands I see you do not set the gripper.

How big are your hands I see you do not set the gripper.

Hi mate I measured my hands at 8 1/4" wrist to middle finger tip before? I dont think my hands are big, you have 3/4" on me! the CoC must feel tiny in your hands! lol..

#3 or Beef Builder Elite. For sure.

Got my COC 2.5 now! Got it out the pack and closed it! score! lol..

Quite a lot harder than the coc 2 though! Im sure when i get 10+ reps on the 2.5 ill pick a coc 3 up and try for a cert!

wow...a no set close too...maybe you should just buy a BB Pro and get it over with...lol...but seriously nice job on the close man, very, impressive!!

Lol I don't think it's natural talent mate, I do weight training and do quite a manual job on an oil refinery so that may have helped!

I think I'll have to train now to close a coc 3. Setting the gripper makes it quite a lot easier so my goal would be to close a coc 3 like all my videos. Just grab the gripper in one hand and mash it closed!

Lol I don't think it's natural talent mate, I do weight training and do quite a manual job on an oil refinery so that may have helped!

I think I'll have to train now to close a coc 3. Setting the gripper makes it quite a lot easier so my goal would be to close a coc 3 like all my videos. Just grab the gripper in one hand and mash it closed!

Doing a manual job sure helps the grip but believe me my friend you have also talent to do this to a #2.5 without specific gripper training. Great potential for above #3 level. Congrats!

Great closes! You def have the potential to close the no.3 and prob go a lot further!

Getting a no.3 will be a good thing as it looks like you need more of a challenge, and also to see how strong you really are.

Practice doing the parallel set close with a no.1, cos it will be so easy for you will dial in good technique. Then on the #3 with the parallel

set at first so you can get strong enough on the finish, then when you're laughing at the #3, you'll be able to open it up and do wider set closes.

Good luck with your training,

Pete