Pull For The Hungry

jad

The IL State log made the dieting portion much easier than usual so I thought I'd start a new for the next tourny. For those that don't know, Pull for the Hungry is one great tournament. The proceeds go to the St. Joseph's food bank and it's a memorial tourny for one puller's family member. I believe it's also the largest kid's tourny in the country other than maybe nationals.

1-24-11

B: 2 light, sf yogurts, 1 L of water

L: small green salad, 6oz of stuffed pork tenderloin with Evan Williams sauce, small piece of cherry pie

snack: some Bissingers pumpkin/chocolate bark

D: whole wheat spaghetti with ground turkey x 3 cups, 1 L of water

Snack: diet dew and about 1 handful of popcorn while I watched cartoons with the kiddo (she doesn't share it well ha, ha)

Starting weight: 204#

Very Kool To Give Back To Those In Need!

Right on Josh! And you're close to that 198lb limit already so you'll have enough time to diet down without losing a ton of strength.

1-25-11

B: 2 sf, light yogurts, 1 L of water

L: 6oz of stuffed pork tenderloin, 1/2 cup of carrots, 1/2 cup of jamabalaya

D: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 3 T of light ranch, 1 L of water, 2 cups of grapes, 1 diet dew

You'd have b*tch slapped everybody and their mother had you eaten like a man before IL States. :laugh

Cherry pie? Spaghetti? .. Jeez, didn't you ever watch Nick Zinna's interviews on ArmTV? He has owned Brent Rakers two years in a row now at IL States (this year while injured I heard). He said to eat MEAT! Heck, he said he fries the balls of the bulls they castrate. No wonder he's strong as an ox! You feed him pansy bars instead of meat and he'll be weak too! :D

On a more serious note, good job at the tourney!

You'd have b*tch slapped everybody and their mother had you eaten like a man before IL States. :laugh

Cherry pie? Spaghetti? .. Jeez, didn't you ever watch Nick Zinna's interviews on ArmTV? He has owned Brent Rakers two years in a row now at IL States (this year while injured I heard). He said to eat MEAT! Heck, he said he fries the balls of the bulls they castrate. No wonder he's strong as an ox! You feed him pansy bars instead of meat and he'll be weak too! :D

On a more serious note, good job at the tourney!

LMAO!

Well when you have to cut weight to make 242s, you know you're a beast.

1-27-11

B: 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 L of water

L: 6 oz of stuffed pork tenderloin, 1/2 plate of green salad, 1 slice of pumpkin cheesecake, 1 cup of coffee

D: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 2 T of light ranch, 1 cup of grapes, 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 liter of water

2 diet dews

1-28-11

L: 6 oz of stuffed tenderloin, 1 cup of carrot coins, 1 slice of cherry pie, 12 oz water

pre-practice: large PB&J sandwich: 4 T pb, 2 T of jelly, 2 slices of whole wheat, diet dew

Post practice: 1 cup of cottage cheese

30 min later: met my brother for dinner at IHOP: colorado omelot, pancakes with syrup, coffee

1-29-11

B: late, wasn't hungry when I woke up so skipped it and went to Ryleigh's swim class, then we went out to Cracker Barrell and I had the Uncle Hershel's special: 2 eggs, 3oz of chicken tenders, 1/2 cup of grits with 1 pat of butter, 1/2 cup of baked apples, 2 biscuits with gravy, 1/2 cup of hashbrown casserole, several coffees

L: not really hungry so I held off for the upcoming trivia night eating fest!

D: trivia night: several broccoli, carrots, and celery with dips, 4-5 tostitos scoops with salsa, 6 slices of salami, 6 slices of cheese, 12 crackers/mini breads, 8 toffee bars (1x1.5"), diet coke, diet dew

1-30-11

B: skipped, was still full from all the trivia pig-out

10am: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 2 diet dews

1 pm: 1 cup of grapes

2:30: 1 300 cal MRP bar

5:00 Dinner: 4 turkey cheddar sausages on buns, 1 L of water: these weren't bad, 120 cals per sausage and 10g of pro each.

1-31-11

B: 2 light sf yogurts, 1 L of water

L: 6oz steak, 1/2 cup of greenbeans, 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes, slice of chocolate cake, 1 cup of coffee

D: 3 cups of turkey lasaga

2-1-11

L: 4 turkey and cheddar brats on buns, 2 diet dews

D: 3 cups of turkey lasagna, 1 Liter of water

2-2-11

L: 3 cups of turkey lasagna 2 diet dews

D: 4 turkey sausage soft tacos: meat and salsa, 1 L of water

2-3-11

L: plate of scrambled eggs with turkey sausage mixed in, large bowl of green salad with 3/4 ladle of caesar dressing, large bowl of greenbeans, 1 cup of coffee

D: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 2 T of light ranch, 1/2 cup of the left over turkey sausage, 1 L of water, 1 diet dew

still recovering from practice last friday and we're pulling again tomorrow night. Got some good cardio in the last two days considering all the snow shoveling I've done with the storm we got. On the downside, everytime I'd shovel it would piss my tendons off again in my left arm so I'm not as recovered as I'd like to be for practie tomorrow. The plan is practice like a madman tomorrow, then a full two weeks off, other than cardio, for the tourny on the 19th. I was 206# immediately after lunch today so I think I'm in pretty good shape if I can make it through the Superbowl :yikes

2-4-11

B: 1/2 cup of oats (dry), 1 L of water

L: 1 plate of scrambled eggs with turkey sausage, large bowl of green salad, 1/2 ladle of caesar dressing, 1 cup of coffee

pre-practice: 1 chicken soft taco, 1 ham and swiss, 1 diet dew

post practice: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 300 cal MRP bar, 1 L of water

Great practice tonight! I'm starting to hit some go's and get faster and my side pressure really felt good for some reason tonight. I'm done until the tournament, other than cardio of course. If I can get through Superbowl Sunday without getting over 206# I should be in good shape. I was 203 today.

Tear it up Josh!!! I guess 2 weeks of pulling rest is going to be very helpful. I remember what one or two short pulling workouts did to me for weeks afterwards so I guess that makes perfect sense.

2-5-11

B: 1/2 cup of oats, 1 L of water

L: 2 soft tacos, 1 diet dew

D: Ryleigh's party: 6 pieces of pizza and a brick of birthday cake! :yikes

2-6-11

I don't even know! Ate a stupid amount for SB!

2-7-11

didn't get hungry til about 6pm

Red Robin:

turkey burger with no mayo

2 servings of steak fries

2-8-11

206# today: I can live it with it. I knew I was going to be high after Ryleigh's party and SB: all business from here to the 19th.

B: 2 sf, light yogurts, 1 L of water

L: plate of smoked beef brisket, fresh cooked fruit compote x 1 cup, 1 cup of coffee

D: 2 cups of spinach leaves, 2 chicken breasts, 2 T of light ranch, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 L of water

Cardio: 1hr 25 min on the recumbent bike

2-9-11

202# today!

B: 2 SF, light yogurts, 1 L of water

L: 1 chili dog, large green salad with light dressing, 1 cup of water

D: 3 cups of turkey lasagna, 1 L of water

more cardio...

2-10-11

B: 1 light SF yogurt, 1 L of water

L: large salad with about 6oz of beef brisket tossed over it. Used a olive oil and vingar dressing x 3/4 ladle, 1 cup of coffee, and 2 bowls of white cheddar and pablano pepper soup

D: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 2 T of light ranch, 1 cup of grapes, 1 cup of cottage chees

Cardio

1 hour 25 min on the recumbent bike

2000m in 7:46 on the C2 rower

was 200# at the gym but that's prior to rehydrating.

Thanks Shawn.

Worked the weekend

2-12-11

4:30a: 3/4 cup dry oats, 1 L of water

8:30a: 1.5 cups of scrambled eggs with ketchup, 1 cup of coffee

12:30: burger and fries, 32oz Diet Coke

7:00pm: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup grapes, couple fingers full of icing from the cupcakes he, he! 1 L of water

2-13-11

4:30a: 2 light, sf yogurts, 1 L of water

8:30a: 1.5 cups of scrambled eggs with ketchup, 1 cup of coffee

12:30: burger and fries, 32oz Diet Coke

4:00: 300 cal MRP bar

7:00pm: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup grapes 1 L of water, 2 diet dews

202# this morning after breakfast

Good luck at the tourney Josh! I got to see Scott Harris at the grip contest Saturday and that was a nice surprise. Made me think about you of course since you'll both be pulling that day. He's looking strong these days!

No kidding? I didn't know Scott was going to that! Let's firm up the details on that grip contest for May. You mentioning Scott made me think of it.

2-14-11

L: 1.5 cups of cajun chicken pasta with a cream sauce, small salad with hm taragon dressing, cup of coffee

D: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 2 T of light ranch, 1 L of water, 2 diet dews, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese

1 hour and 35 min on the recumbent bike and then 7:00 on the C2 rower. I couldn't get the PM2 to switch over to meters so it was just giving me 500 m pace. I think I ended up with a 1:51 but I don't know what the hell that means because I could powerstroke it a couple and drop it to 1:47-1:48 so if I did that for the last 5 sec it would significantly drop my time. Oh well, the march towards a sub-7 2k rolls on! Time flies when your reading about glucose and fructose metabolism

Doing Vday dinner tomorrow night at Sam's Steakhouse! Gonna have to going pretty light at breakfast and lunch to account for that and not screw myself for Saturday but it will be worth it come tomorrow night. Steak and lobster here I come!

Edited by jad

2-15-11

B: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 L of water

L: 6oz of beef brisket, 2 oz of chicken breast, BBQ sauce, 1 T of carrots, 1/2 cup of salad, 2 T of beans and rice, 1 cup of coffee

D: Sam's!! 24 oz prime rib, LARGE roll with butter, twice baked potato, large side salad with blue cheese, 3 diet cokes

199# prior to Sam's: we'll see what tomorrow brings on the scaleo :yikes

2-16-11

203# in the am

B: still WAY too full from Sams

L: 1 cup of chili

D: 2 cups of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 2 T of ranch, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 L of water

201# pre-cardio

2 hours of cardio

Took 3rd RH and 3rd LH at the tourny. Overall pretty happy as the competition was much strongr this year.

Losses:

RH:

Ethan Fritsche: uh yeah...anybody that knows him knows there's really not much else to say. WAF Champ in less than 5 years, mark my word. I started to bust his hand back but he just has way too much speed and way too much side so it didn't really matter.

Chase Stratton: Chase was probably the strongest guy there, he's a powerlifter bodybuilder who's started AW and he'll be one to watch. Once he gets into his press, good freakin luck. He came back from the B side to beat Ethan twice in the finals LH. I hit him with the most perfect hit I've every laid down in my history in the sport; it was a freakin beautiful toproll hit but made the rookie mistake and started to drop a little too soon which opened me up a little and then he got into his power and it was over. I should have had this one for sure. Most disappointing part of the tourny for me and it cost me second. BTW, Chase is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet.

LH:

Ethan and Chase again. Had nothing for Ethan. Couldn't get comfortable on the set-up with Chase but he feels doable in time. He beat Ethan twice with a high hook. It tied Ethan up mid table or so and Ethan is strong but he's not gonna win a war with Chase inside mid table of course Chase had 20# on Ethan but for now that's gonna be rough territory for Ethan. Will try the high hook with Ethan next time, I don't have Chase's bicep and lat so might not matter.

Not sure what's next there is a tourny in May but I dont' know that I want to take off work for it since I'm already missing a couple weekends for vacay and the KC qualifier. Just gonna keep pulling once a week and start training for the KC Qualifier and see what happens.

Josh

Excellent work Josh - congrats!

Great performance Josh! It's amazing how technical AW is, but you are certainly up for the challenge as you have the ability to observe and refine very detailed parts of your technique. I think you will continue to improve a lot over the years with this type of focus as things start becoming more automatic, like how a great chess player sees the board and what is happening at a glance. You also have the great strength required, so it will be fun to watch you continue to climb the ladder to success.