The Bite Is Back

GatorGrip

Well I fianlly got my box of steel from Ben Edwards and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. :lol: Today I bent a few things to ease me back into the brotherhood.

70 Penny Nail

70 Penny wrapped with 1/4" SS

11 - 60 Penny Nails

2 - Wrapped Timber Ties

3 - Grade 5 bolts

2 - 1/4" SS

5/16" CRS

I appreciate all the support from Ben and the other guys! :D I am not as strong as I once was but I am heading back in the right direction.

welcome back my friend,its been a while,great to see you bending again!

I think I have see one old video of you killing a Mag Bastard and chewing the rubber bands off the pads. I always love to see people getting into or getting back into this never ending sickness of short steel bending. Welcome back my friend and can't wait to see all your progress as you hit some cold hard steel and work your way back up the latter. I also have several pieces of stock in my collection so if you need any specific pieces feel free to ask. I have tons of Bastards, Big Bastards, Huge bastards and you can cut the rest to any length you want. I also have some "retarded" hex's as David W. likes to call them 591lb stock at 7 inches!

Rich

Took it easy today I am sore and my middle finger knuckles are feeling to burn but still couldn't resist playing a bit.

wobbled a Bastard

wobbled a Gr 8,

bent a pre-kinked Gr 8,

arched a 5" Grade 5

anther small SS

Came with 1/16" on my old #3 3 times today

Endlich!

Welcome back Walter! :mosher

Now I got the blisters so I have to back off for the sake of my inner knuckles. Well I am going to try to leave the steel alone for a day or two but it is hard for sure.

3 60 Penny

5 Grade 5s

closed my #3 3 freaken times :mosher and several close attempts. Bent 3 60s and 3 Gr 5s. Nothing special but I am trying to be consistent especially about documentation.

GATOR

closed my #3 3 freaken times :mosher and several close attempts. Bent 3 60s and 3 Gr 5s. Nothing special but I am trying to be consistent especially about documentation.

GATOR

That's awesome man! Congrats on the #3 closes! How close are you to being as strong on the grippers as you were at your peak?

GATOR

That's awesome man! Congrats on the #3 closes! How close are you to being as strong on the grippers as you were at your peak?

As we know grippers vary and I have never had any of them calibrated but at my peak I closed 2 or 3 #3s and RB300 and just missed the MM1 but then again I have had a RB260 be harder than both. Crazy huh? These are standard parallel closes righty only. My current ability isn't very far from my past peak so this is encouraging.

GATOR

As we know grippers vary and I have never had any of them calibrated but at my peak I closed 2 or 3 #3s and RB300 and just missed the MM1 but then again I have had a RB260 be harder than both. Crazy huh? These are standard parallel closes righty only. My current ability isn't very far from my past peak so this is encouraging.

Great job Gator, your on your way back :mosher You'll get that MM1 in the future n your bending back...no doubt here :rock

Thanks for the support and motivation BigT I've always valued your input and opinion my friend.

Thanks for the support and motivation BigT I've always valued your input and opinion my friend.

Glad to be remembered my friend, I'm glad to be back on the board this year. Your log is pushing me to keep it comin, and ya that MM0 and MM1 are some goals here too :whistel Definitely :rock

Been just taking on a few 60s and grade 5s everyday but last night I had a 60 penny snap right in half. Must of been a fluke but my strength is slowly coming back.

Did another 25 60s today and 2 more snapped so maybe it's a brand of nail but I don't know for sure. After I exhaust all my 60s I plan to do my remaining 5 grades and then 8 grades onto the FBBC looking stock. I am toughening my hands everyday I aquire more blisters of some type but I work through them. As my strength is coming back my hands are toughing up with every passing day.

I have now had 4 60s snap on me in the last week. The break at the V part of the bend as I am transitioning to from the tail end of the sweep and putting the final crush down on it. Interesting to me aswell I have no idea if these nails came from the same batch or several lightening strikes have occured so to speak.

Layed off the steel for 3 days and came back for some new PRs

5 - 60ds

1 - Grade 5

1 - Grade 8

3 x 1/4" Square Stock

I slightly wabbled a Bastard type CRS piece of steel today before calling it quits for this session.

5 - 60ds

1 - Grade 5

1 - Grade 8

3 x 1/4" Square Stock

I slightly wabbled a Bastard type CRS piece of steel today before calling it quits for this session.

Keep at it Gator. When I come to bending, sometime hopefully next year...I'll be sure to come to you for advice :bow

5 - 60ds

1 - Grade 5

1 - Grade 8

3 x 1/4" Square Stock

Strong Kel!

• 2 weeks later...

Still got this bad ass case of bronchitis but it seems like I read something Gazza said about being a bit sick and still pushing through a bending session "like what don't kill you makes you stronger" so to speak. Well anyway I did go out on the porch today and wrap up some steel and pushed through the sickness. Yeah I coughed my ass off in between a couple bends but I wouldn't let it stop me.

SESSSION

2 - 7"x1/4" square stock

Now the biggies for me today. New old PR - I wrapped up a 7"x5/16" bar ( red or bastard substitution ) I hit it and kept rolling in my shoulders and I felt it give so then it was on after that and I finished it in a about 1 minute. :flame

I coughed some then thought about it some more and tried another and it to went down in about a minute so I knew it was no fluke.

I waited a while in the house just chit chatting and then went back outside for a 3rd 7"x5/16" bar for the day but this one had to be from a different batch of steel because this one fought back from kink to crush. I still managed it in less than 3 minutes but I was tired afterward and coughing so I felt like I had made enough bends to call a session today.

2 - 7"x1/4" squares

3 - 7"x5/16" round crs bars

HAPPY NEW YEAR

GATOR

Okay I am suprised and excited about todays PR bends. The day didn't start well because I still have this bronchitis and coughed so hard I blacked out and fell down on the porch luckily a friend was there and helped me back up saying breath. I didn't even know what happened but it scared my woman to death and she ran and googled it and of course it said syncope (passing out) can easily happen while in a coughing spell from bronchitis or pnuemonia. Bottom line is I was alright just a little embarrassed and disoriented for a second or two. :D

I bent the following 5/16" cold rolled steel bars today and it was surprising to me for the fact I haven't bent bars in nearly 3 years until Ben Edwards sent me some steel and I started this log the first week of December. I feel I am progressing well to be this early back in the game. Now let me clarify I did these with double wraps like I used to do some in the old days when that was acceptable now yall bend with tissue paper :lol: so I will have to work my way to that level.

NOW TO THE BENDING SESSION

7" x 5/16"

6.5" x 5/16"

6" x 5/16"

5.5" x 5/16"

Now I have no idea where these bars would be calibrated but they were all CRS so they have to be legit nonetheless. I am just as suprised and happy that I still have some DO strength left in the tank and it just gives me a big boost in self confidence to move forward in my comeback and beyond. Thanks for all your comments of support and motivation it gives me that extra boost I need.

Holy crap Kel!!!!!:mosher That CRS is definitely legit of course. I can't remember if it's the steel that I rounded the edges off or if it had any labels still stuck to it. If it's the bars that were labeled with an old-looking white HRS label (specifically HRS) then they are MEGA HARD. Even though they're HRS. Those bars were cut from a 6' rod that I sent some bars to John Eaton back when he was destroying Reds. He said this HRS was way harder. And I know that's true because I bent a bunch of it too.

You're super impressive with how fast you're tearing through that steel! Wish I had a ton (literally) of steel to send to you man. You're going to need to get a sponsor (big metal company, lol) or start doing ISOS buddy!

Thanks been for the steel and the motivating words of encouragemnt. Hell I am not positive what I bent now it could have been a mix of both CRS and hard HRS either way I am moving forward and that is what counts for me. I am not going to give up until all the steel you sent is bent. I am getting my technique back and my strength is coming back also so that is the whole point right. The Gator ain't giving up!

Don't worry at all about what type of steel you bent. I guarantee you that the only HRS that you will not know right off is HRS is the mutant HRS that I sent to John Eaton a long time ago when he was smashing steel. He said it was way harder than a Red and I totally agree with that. Otherwise, the HRS (if it snuck its way in there) will be very easy to spot because it'll flake and be super easy and bend in a wide radius. You're tearing it up man! I didn't put any easy steel in there buddy.:D

Okay I am suprised and excited about todays PR bends. The day didn't start well because I still have this bronchitis and coughed so hard I blacked out and fell down on the porch luckily a friend was there and helped me back up saying breath. I didn't even know what happened but it scared my woman to death and she ran and googled it and of course it said syncope (passing out) can easily happen while in a coughing spell from bronchitis or pnuemonia. Bottom line is I was alright just a little embarrassed and disoriented for a second or two. :D

I bent the following 5/16" cold rolled steel bars today and it was surprising to me for the fact I haven't bent bars in nearly 3 years until Ben Edwards sent me some steel and I started this log the first week of December. I feel I am progressing well to be this early back in the game. Now let me clarify I did these with double wraps like I used to do some in the old days when that was acceptable now yall bend with tissue paper :lol: so I will have to work my way to that level.

NOW TO THE BENDING SESSION

7" x 5/16"

6.5" x 5/16"

6" x 5/16"

5.5" x 5/16"

Now I have no idea where these bars would be calibrated but they were all CRS so they have to be legit nonetheless. I am just as suprised and happy that I still have some DO strength left in the tank and it just gives me a big boost in self confidence to move forward in my comeback and beyond. Thanks for all your comments of support and motivation it gives me that extra boost I need.

Whew, some serious bending going on here...nice :D

Thanks Big T just trying to make everybody proud and bring my comeback in with a bang in the new year.