Elbow Tendonitis - Is It Seasonal?

IROC-Z

Over the last two years, I've noticed that my elbow tendonitis is pretty much non-existant in the spring and summer months, but then starts to act up in the fall and winter months. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed a similar pattern? My doctor disagrees with me, but right now I can't help but think that the warmer months and the associated humidity levels have some type of positive effect on tendonitis. Any opinions?

Gee, I thought people actually moved to places like Arizona due to arthritis. And, with doc's thumbs up. So, I would think the cold, etc. has an adverse effect!

Gee, I thought people actually moved to places like Arizona due to arthritis. And, with doc's thumbs up. So, I would think the cold, etc. has an adverse effect!

I've had some interesting coversations with my doc about tendonitis and climate conditions. She's of the opinion that the weather would have such a small effect on my tendonitis that I probably wouldn't even notice a difference. She says it has to be some difference in my activity levels during the different seasons. My training doesn't change much from season to season, that's why I can't help but think that the weather has more of an effect than the medical community is willing to admit. Or, maybe I just have some mutant elbow tendons! I'm very interested in hearing other's thoughts on this subject.

I've had some interesting coversations with my doc about tendonitis and climate conditions. She's of the opinion that the weather would have such a small effect on my tendonitis that I probably wouldn't even notice a difference. She says it has to be some difference in my activity levels during the different seasons. My training doesn't change much from season to season, that's why I can't help but think that the weather has more of an effect than the medical community is willing to admit. Or, maybe I just have some mutant elbow tendons! I'm very interested in hearing other's thoughts on this subject.

Vitamin D maybe?

Vitamin D maybe?

I never thought of that. Interesting theory. Might have to look into that one.

I am a big believer that weather takes a toll, especially for me in the shoulders, elbows, and knees. Those little aches and pains just seem to melt away from May-Sept. Another thing to consider is that tendonitis/soreness can be a result of those epic summer training sessions and prs.

I'm a definite believer in the theory that climate can be felt by parts of your body. For example my father had his knee operated, now he can sense that it will rain when his knee starts feeling stiff/hurts. Hes dead on target too, if he claims it will rain then it will, even if we have clear skies. Might be something similar with your tendonitis. Might also have to do with the cold and how it affects blood flow.