Twist-yo-wrist And Extensor Bands Help

tombone

Hi, I'm new here but have had a few pieces of grip equipment for a while that I haven't been quite sure on what kind of sets/rep I should be doing. Specifically the Ironmind Twist-yo-wrist and the expand your hand bands. I workout at home with kettlebells, doing an upperbody on monday and thursday, and lowerbody on tuesday, friday, resting on wednesday and the weekend. I have been using the twist-yo-wrist on my upperbody day, i do 3 circuits of exercises and I throw that in at the end of each circuit and then do two more sets at the end. I roll it up and down then up and down the opposite way. I guess that is one rep each way, and done for 5 sets. Sometimes I add in some expand your bands for like 2 sets of 25. Then I normally finish off with a powerball in each hand for about 3-4 mins each. I also do some gripper work at the start of the thursday upperbody workout. warm up, 5 attempts #1.5 each hand, 5 attempts inverted, 3 negatives with the #2 each hand, 3 inverted negative, hold the #1 for 30 seconds each hand. I'm just wondering is this too much? too little? Am I heading for injury? Thanks!

Hi, I'm new here but have had a few pieces of grip equipment for a while that I haven't been quite sure on what kind of sets/rep I should be doing. Specifically the Ironmind Twist-yo-wrist and the expand your hand bands. I workout at home with kettlebells, doing an upperbody on monday and thursday, and lowerbody on tuesday, friday, resting on wednesday and the weekend. I have been using the twist-yo-wrist on my upperbody day, i do 3 circuits of exercises and I throw that in at the end of each circuit and then do two more sets at the end. I roll it up and down then up and down the opposite way. I guess that is one rep each way, and done for 5 sets. Sometimes I add in some expand your bands for like 2 sets of 25. Then I normally finish off with a powerball in each hand for about 3-4 mins each. I also do some gripper work at the start of the thursday upperbody workout. warm up, 5 attempts #1.5 each hand, 5 attempts inverted, 3 negatives with the #2 each hand, 3 inverted negative, hold the #1 for 30 seconds each hand. I'm just wondering is this too much? too little? Am I heading for injury? Thanks!

hi, tom. how do you get on with the upside downs? or inverted closes? i have plates in the house , but they have a lip or edge on them. so, not quite REAL pinch. on the expand your hands front, i don't want to get my paw slapped, but you ever try a bucket of sand?? you DRIVE your hand in and then try and open it!!!

thanks timber45, I haven't tried the bucket of sand but I have seen stuff about it before so I'm thinking i should try it now. What kind of sets/reps would you do....or is it more of an exercise that is so hard that if i manage to open my hands i should be happy with that? With the inverted I'm ok at them, I'm better with inverteds on my left rather than the normal way. And better with the normal way in my right hand than inverteds.